Alternator Replacement on the 91 Landcruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I've seen posts about alternator replacement for my 91 Landcruiser but nothing in-depth. Before suggesting that it might be something else, I've already tested it, and it's definitely the alternator. So my questions are:

1. Are there any good YouTube videos/step-by-step articles, etc. on replacing the alternator?
2. Any specific parts other than the alternator that I need to do the replacement?
3. Any advice? My cruiser has the 3FE-Inline 6 engine - I think the replacement should be simple.

As for the steps, please correct me if I am wrong:

1. Disconnect the battery
2. Loosen the belts
3. Remove the smog pump (yes/no)
4. Move away the power steering pump
5. Unbolt/replace alternator

Any advice, links, videos, etc. are much appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Alex

Hey @adiosambrose

Hit me in pm. I can make a quick video on how to do it and share you a link or we can hit a video call and I can walk you through it. It's not too tough. Easier than you have above. In the mean time I'll look for a video. Us 3fe guys need to help each other out. Also, did you already get an alternator? From where? What type?

Hey all, I've seen posts about alternator replacement for my 91 Landcruiser but nothing in-depth. Before suggesting that it might be something else, I've already tested it, and it's definitely the alternator. So my questions are:

1. Are there any good YouTube videos/step-by-step articles, etc. on replacing the alternator?
2. Any specific parts other than the alternator that I need to do the replacement?
3. Any advice? My cruiser has the 3FE-Inline 6 engine - I think the replacement should be simple.

As for the steps, please correct me if I am wrong:

1. Disconnect the battery
2. Loosen the belts
3. Remove the smog pump (yes/no)
4. Move away the power steering pump
5. Unbolt/replace alternator

Any advice, links, videos, etc. are much appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Alex
Go above to the RESOURCES section and download your FSM for your truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom