Help Needed for Stranded Cruiser folks in Alpine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
My German friends are stuck in Alpine. They need a place to hole up and work on their 80.
They can’t stay in it while it’s at the shop. Basically they need a place to work on It.

They owner is very good with the truck but they are not budgeted for $90 a night at a hotel

He is currently using a verizon sim 337 636 0437 or by email bk220@gmx.de

They stayed at my place on the way through Mississippi and I can personally vouch for them. Great folks.

411B0D2D-1C9B-4967-A366-29D7D4D1FB1E.jpeg

My German friends are stuck in Alpine. They need a place to hole up and work on their 80.
They can’t stay in it while it’s at the shop. Basically they need a place to work on It.

They owner is very good with the truck but they are not budgeted for $90 a night at a hotel

He is currently using a verizon sim 337 636 0437 or by email bk220@gmx.de

They stayed at my place on the way through Mississippi and I can personally vouch for them. Great folks.

View attachment 2684626

That is not a convenient place to be stuck, very little support there and a long 4-5 hour drive to Phoenix. Any clue what is wrong?

Not close to me but there is a new member on Mud I believe is in the area.
Mud name is @Azcowboy not sure how much he is on mud but he might a some ideas. Is there any New Mexico clubs? Think any members we have in the White Mountains are quite a aways from them.

I pm'd you @wngrog, I've got some connections up there and may be able to help.

I pm'd you @wngrog, I've got some connections up there and may be able to help.
Thanks man. They isolated the issue but they are wanting to really deep dig to find the problem

If it's up. Limp it west, or south to phx if it's working. Lots of support more inland.

Another thought, maybe have them reach out to JDMLandCruisers.com or LandCruisersDirect.com who are companies well versed in import diesel Cruisers. They might have experience with a similar problem or might be able to point them to someone closer geographically that could assist. Or cross post this thread in the Diesel Tech/24 Volts section here on MUD. There is a wealth of world wide knowledge there.

Probably just something on that circuit grounding due to old wires/insulation. They need to get this somewhere quickly, heading into a holiday weekend and any parts, shop, help could be hard to get.

Agree. It’s a super clean truck and he’s been all through it and knows it super well. All the accessory stuff is super clean he installed. He’s for sure got a hard short somewhere

sorry, only saw this thread today - I have seen the truck in person

the truck is currently at the shop that used to be Kevin's ("Tools R Us" here on MUD) - where @richardlillard1 and @inkpot and @Stikboy9480 are now continuing the tradition

there are multiple melted wires and connectors in the dash harness, wiring to the ABS is melted, ignition wires at the fuse box melted - further diagnoses are halted until the Germans make a decision on how to proceed

the hard part is that the transmission conversion from manual to automatic added extraneous wiring and splices into the main harness, all of which is undocumented and not so easy to trace

while the owners are waiting for relevant information, John (@inkpot) and I took them out into the desert today in the Sycamore/Sugarloaf area - I got the impression they really enjoyed it

Last edited:
they post on Instagram, so those of you with an account there can check it out

2machenblau.de is their screen name

and, after someone expressed interest (some dude on a German LC forum), they made it clear that they do NOT intend to sell the truck, neither here nor when it's back in Germany

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom