Help with 200-series inspection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CandyPants

K9CRZ
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey folks! Heather here from Texas. We want to look at a 200 (LX570) in Phoenix. Any recommendations on someone that could have a peek for us before we fly out?

Thanks!!!

What year, how many miles; where has it lived? Knowing what work has been done, would be helpful. Have you looked up service history or have the VIN? The main things I would look for on the service history (aside from regular maintenance) are the radiator replacement, valley plate leak, cam tower leak and timing tensioner/sprocket issues (early models), AHC issues/component replacement. These are all issues normally in the 100k to 150k mileage range and only the radiator and valley plate seem inevitable. Some would argue the valley plate leak isn't inevitable, but I suspect that probably just means they haven't looked close enough yet.

What year, how many miles; where has it lived? Knowing what work has been done, would be helpful. Have you looked up service history or have the VIN? The main things I would look for on the service history (aside from regular maintenance) are the radiator replacement, valley plate leak, cam tower leak and timing tensioner/sprocket issues (early models), AHC issues/component replacement. These are all issues normally in the 100k to 150k mileage range and only the radiator and valley plate seem inevitable. Some would argue the valley plate leak isn't inevitable, but I suspect that probably just means they haven't looked close enough yet.
ill ask and find out

I can pull a Carfax if need be

found one locally today with under 100,000 miles. Thank you all very much for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom