Help identifying this connection on my rear drum brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all I’m just wonder what this hose that looks like a breather is for on my 1979 fj45 troop carrier with drum brakes all round
I am getting no movement in the back wheel cylinders, they look fine adjust fine and I have bled them and there’s no trouble getting fluid through.

3F2EA38A-F2E4-4205-89FF-F92A9108DF2A.jpeg

9E4406BC-0D29-4F31-8FBF-7E85BC6859DF.jpeg

for more context the hose on the right goes to the master the hard line on the left goes to the other back wheel unsure of highlighted one

It is a breather that vents the axle tube. Toyota utilized the hold down for the brake tube junction fitting for dual purposes, holding the fitting and venting the axle.

The "bolt" that holds the fitting in place is hollow.

Last edited:
Hey all I’m just wonder what this hose that looks like a breather is for on my 1979 fj45 troop carrier with drum brakes all round
I am getting no movement in the back wheel cylinders, they look fine adjust fine and I have bled them and there’s no trouble getting fluid through.

View attachment 3531816

View attachment 3531817

That hose that looks like a breather is for your 1979 fj45 troop carrier with drum brakes all round .........

1705192241302.png

Last edited:
How is that hose connected to the frame at the top? I have searched forever to find a picture of that.

Replace that crappy hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom