Help Identify this part! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new to FJ's and am rebuilding a failed project that arrived in boxes. It's a '77 FJ40.

The car was repainted apart from the firewall, which i want to clean up and repaint.

I started to remove the master cylinder, booster and clutch master, but there is a part located on the firewall below the clutch cylinder. It looks like it's been there for a long time, but there is one bolt missing.

Some of the wires are not connected, but I think it might be the Voltage Regulator??

I want to order a new item for peace of mind.

Help Appreciated!

Thx

IMG_8527.jpg

Looks like the voltage regulator.

thanks. Looks like someone did a bodge job with replacing this, as there are a bunch of wires not connected. There are 2 regulators for '77 on cruiser corps. I guess I'll need to order both to see which one works and splice them together into the original wires.

^^x2 again. It's plug and play. You won't have to splice anything (cleaning the harness plug contacts won't hurt a thing though). It looks like after dismissing the blue radio interference capacitor wire hardly anyone uses nowadays, you only have one more left unused and that's connected to the aftermarket regulator. The other dangler(s) on the harness side is probably for a missing windshield washer pump, carb fan, etc.

There's a treasure trove of '77 pictures on GA Architect's build thread. I'm sure somewhere in there is one that'll help show the proper location. There should be a couple captive nuts in that area to bolt a stock regulator back onto.

thanks. Looks like someone did a bodge job with replacing this, as there are a bunch of wires not connected. There are 2 regulators for '77 on cruiser corps. I guess I'll need to order both to see which one works and splice them together into the original wires.

Below is my voltage regulator on the fire wall, behind where the windshield washer fluid bottle once sat....now a carb cooling fan is there.

IMG_2635.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom