Help - Hj61 24v stereo/radio wiring diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys.

I am after a wiring diagram for a factory 24v stereo like the one in the photos below if anyone can help please?

Have attached some other pics with what I am working with.

Cheers Ben.

20210524_194259.jpg

20210524_194322.jpg

20210524_194328.jpg

20210524_175247.jpg

20210524_175633.jpg

I have doubts on that this radio would be a factory radio. First it looks too old school for a HJ61 era radio. And second factory radios were made by Fujitsu Ten. You just have to google on that radio if you find some info on wire colors. If you know what is connected to what in the car cables, then you can figure it out with a HJ61 or 60 wiring diagram.

Hi guys.

I am after a wiring diagram for a factory 24v stereo like the one in the photos below if anyone can help please?

Cheers Ben.

View attachment 2682883

View attachment 2682884

View attachment 2682885

View attachment 2682886

View attachment 2682887

hello Ben

matt here

that's a AFTERMARKET brand radio , creatively installed into a modified factory toyota surround plate or panel ........

i am sad to report to you ....

my advise strongly is to WALK AWAY from this unit now ..........

why ?

because alot of time and effort will be made to hook it up popper only to be let down by it NOT working properly .....

SAVE the oem face plate for sure !

to be clear

i would look hard for a OEM TOYOTA 24V radio MUNCHKIN Size spec. you need ...

i am gonna bet my SOLID fellow MUD Supporting VENDOR @FJ40GURU , Amir has one for you ...........

PM him ,

if not , PM me later this week i can see what i have that might work 24V

thanks

good luck

Last edited:
Thanks Matt. That is a factory 24 V radio. I don’t have a wiring diagram for it but I don’t think it is wired differently to a 12 V radio in pricncipal.

Here’s another 24 V radio with part number etc.

Hi guys,
Thanks for everyone's input @Samppahj @ChaserFJ60 @ToyotaMatt @FJ40GURU !

Searched up the modle number and I believe it to be a radio out of a 24v HJ60, but should technically be able to hook up to my 1987 24V HJ61 (Sahara/high top) if I'm not mistaken?

Yeah you're right @FJ40GURU the wiring is different but can't find anyone that's done a thread on this type of radio...

Will keep hunting but if anyone knows anything that would be helpful I would really appreciate it!

Cheers Ben.

20210525_171823.jpg

the NATIONAL name logo on the flip door i have NEVER seen before ?

haha I guess that makes two of us. Link above to the system on Megazip. Looks like it was in the 82-87 HJ60 models

haha I guess that makes two of us. Link above to the system on Megazip. Looks like it was in the 82-87 HJ60 models

@FJ40GURU AMIR is the Authority here and final word in my world ..........

he is from down in OZ like you .............. :cool:

24 VOLTS-LAND

11.jpg

Last edited:

Lets make it three of us. Here in Finland no HJ60 or 61 came with factory radio. 12V radios were mounted on them by dealers. I am also going with "original" 12V radio on my HJ60. Sure a 24V would be easier. I will use the original connector on dash wiring loom and hope the pins are the same that on a Fujitsu Ten radio.

But on this case I have guess. Wire from radio that has a fuse seems to go to the connector with 2 wires. There you have you +24V and earth wires. The other connector with more wires has to be speakers then. It is a stereo headunit so there should be 4 wires in that connector. Those you can test with a speaker if you get power to the headunit. Car wiring loom corresponding wires you can look from a wiring diagram. I would remember they are found somewhere in the internet or from some fellow mudder with a factory wiring diagram book.

Hi guys.

Cheers Ben.

View attachment 2682883

View attachment 2682884

View attachment 2682885

View attachment 2682886

View attachment 2682887

Ben ,

i have MANY various International Wire Diagrams / EWD 60/ 61/62 series ...

i am having a hard time clearly distinguishing your Color Code tracer stripe wires you have going on the factory harness side in dash ?

- can you clearly make a list for me wire by wire / coloe code by color code , one by one please .....

- for example i see a SOLID PINK on ther far LH side i think ?

- IGNORE all the various ROUND or circular HATCH marks or DOTS , they are a trademark of the SUMITONOTO Corporation , NOT wire color codes

- i refer to ONLY the primary SOLID colors and the Double Vertical Tracer stripes running parallel to each other long ways here to be klear

- like : i can see clearly a solid red w/ a black tracer strip all by itself sticking up in the air all lone some like ?

- that IS a Interior Illumination circut wire , for the radio maybe or a lighted ash tray below perhaps ?

do you follow me here ?

this was i have a solid road map to know how many exact AUDIO circuit Leeds or wires im dealing with & there color codes is the ONLY way forward i know best that can help you out .....?

- lastly , the EXACT model year of your HJ61 and production month also , IF you know or have it ?

i know most NON-USA AU Spec. do NOT have it , BUT some have a AU Compliance TAG the AU governmet applied for customs and import duties back in the day that will tell us this fact

hope this can help ?

matt

the NATIONAL name logo on the flip door i have NEVER seen before ?
it's a japanese domestic brand. they make all kinds of electronics.

Hi guys.

Cheers Ben.

View attachment 2682883

View attachment 2682884

View attachment 2682885

View attachment 2682886

View attachment 2682887
Did you ever figure out the wiring for your radio. I have a similar head unit but mine is a 12V, however the harness from your radio is identical to mine

Did you ever figure out the wiring for your radio. I have a similar head unit but mine is a 12V, however the harness from your radio is identical to mine
Hey mate. No I never figured it out. Returning to the owner for him to put into his truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom