HELP! AHC Pump Issue After Reservoir Drain/Refill (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well looky looky here.

I was dumb today and neglected to check for this thinking it cant be that common....
Well after having to painstakingly syringe out all of this after it basically all went into the reservoir and half on the floor, mid lifting mind you, I can def say not a fluke.

Lets see, I had one in the garage that had been there for a year since my mini flush and It came from Toyota in Austin i have no experience with.
I had another one from a more reputable Toyota dealer parts dept that was purchased 2 weeks ago.
And my last 2 were from Lexus lakeway which I know and like and does not **** around.
These 2 were handed over 3 months ago when I declined the service be done.

Only one bottle was like this.

My theory is the one that was a year old and garage kept. I know it got hot and was probably the oldest.
Could some of the plastic be dissolving in the bottle?

What the hell is going on.

IMG_0681.jpeg
IMG_0687.jpeg

I have 2 bottles I’ve kept in my shed through Arkansas summer now for about 10 months. I’ve used 4 bottles from that purchase with no issues. Guess I’ll need to inspect them.

Pic looks like something from my old sex ed classes

I wanted to update everyone. I did a flush of my AHC and on my last quart had a semi sold material come out. I didn’t think anything of it, because I hadn’t read this post. The system worked fine the first day. The following day I got the check AHC warning and my pump was squealing. It couldn’t get out of low because the pump was plugged. I jumped onto the forum and started reading and found this thread. I had one last unopened quart and decided to take it to my Toyota parts department. I cracked open the quart and poured it out for the guys and out came the contaminated fluid. The parts manager told me he had never seen anything like that. Told me he would do some research and contact me. Later got a call from the parts manager and was told he spoke with some regional folks and our local Lexus dealer and they were going to fix my LX. I dropped it off at Lexus and they replaced the AHC pump free of charge and returned my money for the fluid. I was told that Toyota is aware of the fluid issue and is pulling the fluid off the shelves.

32A3B5C1-AA8B-45DD-B23B-30596B5E3C85.jpeg

C9696E2A-C5A9-416B-90EF-C3F1E850ABD6.jpeg

Later got a call from the parts manager and was told he spoke with some regional folks and our local Lexus dealer and they were going to fix my LX. I dropped it off at Lexus and they replaced the AHC pump free of charge and returned my money for the fluid.
that is amazing!

I wanted to update everyone. I did a flush of my AHC and on my last quart had a semi sold material come out. I didn’t think anything of it, because I hadn’t read this post. The system worked fine the first day. The following day I got the check AHC warning and my pump was squealing. It couldn’t get out of low because the pump was plugged. I jumped onto the forum and started reading and found this thread. I had one last unopened quart and decided to take it to my Toyota parts department. I cracked open the quart and poured it out for the guys and out came the contaminated fluid. The parts manager told me he had never seen anything like that. Told me he would do some research and contact me. Later got a call from the parts manager and was told he spoke with some regional folks and our local Lexus dealer and they were going to fix my LX. I dropped it off at Lexus and they replaced the AHC pump free of charge and returned my money for the fluid. I was told that Toyota is aware of the fluid issue and is pulling the fluid off the shelves.

View attachment 2818930

View attachment 2818931

Nice work man.

I dumped my last half of the only bad quart and wish I had done what you did. This is good to hear, as it’s been a nuisance. I hope some of the guys here with failed pumps can get compensated too. I’m also glad to know the fluid is bad and not our sources or storage methods.

In my case I got lucky and quickly killed the pump by lowering and got some good fluid backfilled into the reservoir. Syringed out the last portion and it was totally clear. I have a very easy method for fluid swap but despite that my garage got really messy and I need more fluid. I did get good photo evidence in the event something comes up.

Did they say anything more about when it could be resolved?

View attachment 2818930

View attachment 2818931
What size meats are those? Looks awesome!

Wish I had seen these posts earlier. Similar story. Flushed my AHC fluid with new fluid from Toyota. Refilling was slow, but didn't think much of it (now looking at the filter, it's coated in some semi-solid gel like substance). My AHC is throwing two error codes and my pump is squealing. The local Toyota dealership (Dublin, CA) that I bought the AHC fluid from basically told me I was crazy and they would never sell bad fluid. Their service dept wants $220 just to look at the filter and pull the codes that I already pulled. Anyone looking to flush their AHC should definitely check the fluid from Toyota before using it.

Wish I had seen these posts earlier. Similar story. Flushed my AHC fluid with new fluid from Toyota. Refilling was slow, but didn't think much of it (now looking at the filter, it's coated in some semi-solid gel like substance). My AHC is throwing two error codes and my pump is squealing. The local Toyota dealership (Dublin, CA) that I bought the AHC fluid from basically told me I was crazy and they would never sell bad fluid. Their service dept wants $220 just to look at the filter and pull the codes that I already pulled. Anyone looking to flush their AHC should definitely check the fluid from Toyota before using it.
Ouch.
I wonder if he'd make a call to the parts manager I dealt with or the service manager that helped out @danny23

Man that sucks. Have you been sitting on the fluid for a bit, or did you just buy it? I hope you didn’t just buy it, there’s no way at this point Toyota hasn’t been notified to the issue at least 3-4 times.

Could it be the age?

I don’t know how they are warehoused or where they are producing it but I know it’s a unicorn fluid. My Lexus dealer “official” pm flush quantity was only 2 liters. A good and full flush IMO takes at least 6 liters. I bet they are sitting around but the supply chain should be leaner than the prevalence of this issue would suggest it being the case of old fluid.

Hasn't someone posted the letter from Toyota or Lexus about the hold on selling this fluid? Maybe that up and bring it to the dealer. Possibly escalate it up to the regional rep?

man...sorry to hear this happen to you. I was close to picking up some AHC fluid from Dublin Toyota about a month ago, but after speaking with the associate at the front parts counter and him saying that they had never heard of any issues with the AHC fluid or received any stop sale from Toyota made me question buying it from them. He did say that the bottles they had in stock was received recently and had not been sitting on the shelf for long.

I need to get the service done on my vehicle as I am right at the 60k mile mark, but I am so hesitant to schedule anything or even buy any fluid to do it myself until I know that we are in the clear with this fiasco.

I got my lx570 recently 2011 with 130k miles on it.
When I put my suspension in comfort mode and drive, I see my suspension height change when I apply a strong brake at light or at times randomly see it auto adjust, like when all my family gets out of the vehicle, I see it move and adjust.
Is this a normal working of AHC in comfort mode? or my AHC is getting weaker?

I got my lx570 recently 2011 with 130k miles on it.
When I put my suspension in comfort mode and drive, I see my suspension height change when I apply a strong brake at light or at times randomly see it auto adjust, like when all my family gets out of the vehicle, I see it move and adjust.
Is this a normal working of AHC in comfort mode? or my AHC is getting weaker?

Thats totally normal, and will happen after full steering lock, highway speed and some other scenarios. You will see the most adjustment in comfort mode actually since that is the most compliant setting any amount of articulation is augmented and the system will need to raise/lower/level as it happens.

At 130k i highly advise you at least flush the system. If it were my truck, i would replace shocks and globes around that 10 year mark as well.

Thats totally normal, and will happen after full steering lock, highway speed and some other scenarios. You will see the most adjustment in comfort mode actually since that is the most compliant setting any amount of articulation is augmented and the system will need to raise/lower/level as it happens.

At 130k i highly advise you at least flush the system. If it were my truck, i would replace shocks and globes around that 10 year mark as well.
planning to flush, I will replace globes as well.

Uhhh…you guys advising him to flush…….flush with what? Contaminated fluid? Ruin a currently functional system?

Uhhh…you guys advising him to flush…….flush with what? Contaminated fluid? Ruin a currently functional system?

LOL. AHC fan here but its funny no matter how many times you dunk on the system you still bring up solid points 😂😂😂
Specially after dealing with it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom