Help a Member of the Month (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Okay so I think we will get this started in January. I think the right way to do it is by random name. I'll work those details out. Let the person who gets drawn pick a date that works best for them and other members who want to come help.

Couple of rules. (Let me know if I've gone too far)

1. Hospitality shall be provided to those members who come to help out. Which means drinks. (Water and what ever else you think we might like:D ). Food: If it's a big project (more than 4 hrs) then a meal shall be provided. We are not talking anything fancy but something simple and cost effective.(the goal is to work on your cruiser not baking a cake:rolleyes: )

2. You have to provide two weeks before the date a list of things that you need help on. (So members can get together and decide on what tools are needed and how hard the task is.) You need to arange to have all parts nessessary to do the job. If you don't know what you need I'm sure all of us can help you figure it out and find the most economical solution. We will help with tools if needed (especially the specialty ones).

3. You actually help in the work being done, doing the messy jobs (or making sure JP is around to do them for you:D ).

4. If you cannot do it in the month you are chosen then you can try to swap your date with someone else or go to the back of the line.

5. The most important rule. Learn. Most members are not going to take time out of there busy schedule to do the work without you learning how to do it the next time and being able to teach someone else. The whole point of this is to get club members more knowledgeable and comfortable about working on their vehicles.

6. All members are invited to these events. Even if you have no idea where the engine is or how to check you oil level you are welcome to come and learn. But you must show an interest in learning.

7. There will be no other work to be performed on any other members cruiser who attends unless the person chosen that month says it's okay. We are here for them and to learn.

8. There is no warranty on the work performed. If something gets screwed up, well, it get's screwed up. None of us have degrees in fixing Cruisers but I can tell you that there is a lot, I mean a lot of knowledge about cruisers I have seen in our club.

9. Have fun.

What's game? I'd say anything as long as it involves your vehicle and it's something you and others can learn about it. It could be something as simple as rotating tires or an oil change or spark plugs to something like a head gasket or a new clutch or rebuilding the hubs. All Land Cruisers are game from a FJ25 to a Lexus. If we don't have the knowledge to fix it or need some advice I'm sure the professionals at Ralph Hayes Toyota will be willing to give us some advice. Just remember if it's a big job and takes a long time you might want to give us a long time to get ready. And yes there are going to be jobs that even we aren't going to be able to do.

For those of you who would like to participate just PM me or e-mail me ( marshall@828rugs.com ). I'll put everyone in a pot and draw a name and assign you a month. Then it's up to you to work out a date for club members to help. Either on our club forum on IH8MUD.com or you can e-mail me and I'll help get the club members together to work out a date that works for you and them as well as notify them of what you need done. (some of us are not web savy and I don't want to leave anyone out.)

I'll draw names the first of the month. The club meetings might be a good time to do this. I'll draw two names in December. This way we always try to give members a two month buffer to work out dates and such.

Last edited:
Yeah looks good to me....as long as beenie weenies apply as a meal....lol....cause if we go to JP's that's about all we'll get. Don't worry JP we can always find a cow in clemson to make some hamburger.

So Marshal whats the verdict? Who's it going to be and when? Maybe we should just make it an online poll and let everyone vote to make it easier.

I think the best way to decide it to draw out of a hat. Sorry Richard. I just think it's fair that way. You never know someone may want to swap with you. I'll do the drawing at URE and post the results here Sunday or Monday.

I guess I will go in the pot as well. Although my big thing is hopefully going to be going on during Christmas break. (If I can get all the parts together.) Wouldnt mind having a little help with it anyways, even if I am not the person of Dec.

And will need even more help if I cannot use the space I am hoping to . (tools and other wise) Basically doubt I can get off some of my bolts with a regular wrench. Hoping to be able to use a shop so I can use an air wrench etc. And Also might need a welder as I am thinking of moving my front shock mounts up so I can use longer ones.

anyways there goes my little rant.

I'm in..lots to do!

I dont think Alan should be allowed in he already has 2 cruisers better then everyone else who put their name in the hat. Give us a chance to catch up.

I can talk to my cousin and see what he thinks about hosting us at his shop. I'm sure he won't mind if he is not busy( esp on a weekend).

Where is his shop? I dont want to be too far away from the house just in case something happens. I am looking at 12/16-12/31 I am free everyday except Sunday's and the 17th, 24-26th, 29th (am).

But if I would get my parts I am up for whenever, I may end up having to wait until Jan. B/C of $. Which sucks, but if we have a weekend free in Jan may have to do that. I just know I cant do it by myself in 1 day. I struggle alone and do lots better as a helper. (not just a handme person) :)

Parts I still need:
u-bolts
greas. pins (frame and 1 set of shackle greas. pin)
poly bushings for the shackle to frame end
endlinks front and rear
shocks - Working on getting these. (I still want know if I can run 9012 ranchos on the rear?)
rims - got a lead on a set, but can run on my stockers if need be for $ reasons. (Word up for almost bald 31's and 4" lift!)
Steering dampner - dotn a neccesity, but would like to have.

If anyone has any of these or knows where I can get them cheap let me know!! Thanks!

Not in your clucb, but have ridin' at Tellico with some of you (a few times). This has got to be one of the best ideas I've heard. Obviously local cruiserheads help each other out but structuring it this way is awesome!

Trollhole said:
None of us have degrees in fixing Cruisers...

I'm currently working on my online Cruiser degree.
I doubt I'll ever graduate, but always be a student

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom