Headlight wire harness FJ60 and FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Email to you about an ultimate harness for a 60 to 81631

Last edited:
Does this work for the 24v Japanese version? I have been having a heck of a time with the lights Daniel Stern sent. He forgot the adapters for the new H4s but I have that now and installed and the outboard light on the left side still just dims when the high beams are turned on. Would this set up fix my problems?

Mr. Stern knows headlights, not so much the Landcruiser headlight circuits. Does your Japanese rig use 24 volt headlights? If so, do you have a wiring diagram? I'll also answer your PM.
Yes it's 24v everything. And you are definitely correct about Mr Stern...

Here is a thread I wrote for troubleshooting the headlights, but I also wrote a detailed explanation of how the stock headlights work.

Headlight troubleshooting thread
I purchased an Ultimate harness two years ago from you and never got around to installing it. If I purchase Hella lights do I still need to adapt the pins as in your link regarding Hella lights? If it comes from Hella with an adapter I assume I don't have to mess with your pins... But probably won't fit in the fj62...right? Any insight would be appreciated.

If your query regards the Hella ECE H1 high beam only headlights them possibly. If they come with the white hard plastic boot, then you will need to follow my directions. The other possibility is a grey boot, and you will use jumper wires if your headlights are like that. You won't use any adapters for the H4 headlights.

Would love to buy a headlight harness for my FJ62. You still making these?

VERY nice product! Thank you! True to words "plug and play." Can't wait to get the H1 and H4 units!

IMG_0283.JPG

The craftsmanship on this harness is incredible. I can't wait to get some new headlights into my rig!

Thanks again!

So I'm looking into updating the lights on my 60(s). One I want to keep stock looking, so I figure I will buy this kit, and use some H4 hella type lights. The other 60 I've been looking at using 7 inch round LED style headlights, like something you might find on a J**P from eBay or some such source. Anyway, my basic question is, when using an LED light, is there any point in upgrading to this kit? The draw on an LED is much less than the OEM headlight, so I figured it might be completely unnecessary to order 2 kits in my case.

So I'm looking into updating the lights on my 60(s). One I want to keep stock looking, so I figure I will buy this kit, and use some H4 hella type lights. The other 60 I've been looking at using 7 inch round LED style headlights, like something you might find on a J**P from eBay or some such source. Anyway, my basic question is, when using an LED light, is there any point in upgrading to this kit? The draw on an LED is much less than the OEM headlight, so I figured it might be completely unnecessary to order 2 kits in my case.

I have the kit with 100/80 Hella lamps inside RAMPAGE 7" glass H4 housings. The light is a more traditional yellow than any of the newer lights and I do not see a huge difference from the more bluish 60/55 H4 PIAAs that I had.

For the LED lights look at the TRUCKLITE offerings, there are a couple guys that use them (@reevesci) and have had really good results. There is even a model that has a heating element built into the glass of the housing so those places that get freezing rain it can heat and melt the snow/ice. That is the main problem seen by these is the LED does not get hot enough to melt ice on the housing.

I like the light output of the TruckLite compared to other lights I've run in the past. Bright= WAY BRIGHT!! I don't drive that much at night in bad weather, but the heat element versions would be something to look at as an option. I didn't upgrade my harness, just installed and away I went.

J

Thanks @gregnash and @reevesci

The heating element sounds like a great idea, but this particular rig won't be subjected to the Maine winter, so no worry there.

So the trucklites one I have been seeing are expensive. They sell several models on eBay that are less than 1/3 the price. Are they 1/3 the quality? I'm going to paint my grill and surrounds black, so I'm thinking of going with these:

US Ship 2x 7'' Round LED Headlight Hi/lo Beam Light for Jeep Wrangler CJ TJ JK | eBay

but more likely these:

2X Angel Eyes 75W Phillips 7'' LED Headlight DRL Light For JEEP Wrangler Hummer | eBay

I'm not going to lacking for light with the other LED stuff I ordered for the roof rack, the bumper, and underneath.

Those are probably the Chinese knock-offs built with recycled food

+1 for trucklites , they are great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom