Headlight wire harness FJ60 and FJ62 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Email sent regarding a harness for an 89 FJ62 also. But to 28214. Thanks!!!

Well, after 7 years and nearly 1000 Headlight Harnesses and Aux Panels, I've decided to cease production. I saved out enough parts to take care of any warrantee issues, so if you purchased one of my Headlight Harnesses, I will continue to take care of you, but I won't be building any new ones. Thanks to everyone for your support.

Erik

Well, after 7 years and nearly 1000 Headlight Harnesses and Aux Panels, I've decided to cease production. I saved out enough parts to take care of any warrantee issues, so if you purchased one of my Headlight Harnesses, I will continue to take care of you, but I won't be building any new ones. Thanks to everyone for your support.

Erik

Whew, just missed it! Glad I ordered sooner than later

Whew, just missed it! Glad I ordered sooner than later

You were the last one.

Has business just slowed down too much, or are you just tired of it?

I thought things would slow down but they never did. Some guy on ebay started selling Aux Panels for Jeepers which took some pressure off of me, but the headlight harness business hasn't slowed down at all. Building these has been fun and I have met a lot of great people, but it is just taking up too much of my spare time so I finally had to pull the plug. I tried to pick a graceful stopping point, but it never happened so I just had to kill it suddenly. I apologize to anyone I've left hanging.

Erik

You were the last one.

I thought things would slow down but they never did. Some guy on ebay started selling Aux Panels for Jeepers which took some pressure off of me, but the headlight harness business hasn't slowed down at all. Building these has been fun and I have met a lot of great people, but it is just taking up too much of my spare time so I finally had to pull the plug. I tried to pick a graceful stopping point, but it never happened so I just had to kill it suddenly. I apologize to anyone I've left hanging.

Erik

Man, I hate to hear it. But I'm so happy I was able to get one ordered.

I understand you on the business side though.
I had a humor tshirt business for 2 years and I spent so much time making tshirts and traveling to different fairs and beer festivals all over the state that it got to the point it was no fun and trying to fulfill online orders during the week while working my normal job was a chore.

Maybe once life gets where you want it you can jump back in as it's pretty clear there is indeed a market for it. Thanks for being so helpful and answering all my questions before and after I ordered!

My bad guys/gals, I drove him to shut down shop :(

thanks for making a great product and offering to continue to support it.

thanks for making a great product and offering to continue to support it.
x2. I don't expect to need further support based on how well this thing is built, but I'm sure glad I got one of the last ones. Thanks for the excellent support and communication in helping me choose the best lights for me and getting it installed. Good luck in your future endeavors!

I bought this harness for my 60 because of a recommendation from a 40 owner friend. When I got the harness the craftsmanship was very impressive and I knew I got my money's worth. Installation was truly plug and play. So glad I ordered one in time. Many thanks for a great product!

IMG_4513.JPG

IMG_4525.JPG

@slcfj62 Could you increase the price and make it well worth your time? Maybe make a tentative list and do it on your schedule; if someone doesn't want it by the time you get around to it and are done then bump the next guy up on the list?

Just ideas. If you really don't enjoy it, then totally understandable. Wish I had known about these harnesses sooner!

Last edited:
To anyone that has an unfulfilled order that they have paid for, you will get your harness or aux panel. I have about 7 to build, so it will take me a couple of weeks.

Erik,

@slcfj62 Would it be possible to purchase your schematics and a parts list for the headlight harness so I can build my own? Or is there a price that would make it worth your time?

Cheers
Mikey

Last edited:
Hey there.i have an 84 fj60. Several years ago I installed RE headlights, but never upgraded thed harness.
Are you still making them? Can I buy the whole set up from you so I don't need to source out any additional parts? You mentioned a relay orr some thing costs $15.
Pm me please.
Will be driving across country in about a month.
Thanks Brother
Chris

Hoping to get an assist from someone who has been there -- I installed one of Erik's harnesses on my FJ62. Works like a champ. I finally got around to getting some Hella H1s (the housings have the hard white caps), but am now trying to find the guidance on how to adapt the wiring. I saw a reference in one of Erik's prior posts to this issue, but cannot for the life of me find the actual instruction.

Help a brother out, anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom