Headlight ID help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new to Land Cruiser world as I recently bought an 03. I've been bothered by the poor output coming from the headlights so I did some searching and decided to replace the bulbs. Turns out I probably have aftermarket headlights because if I'm not mistaken, the OEM lights are a two piece assembly, correct? If so, what are these that are on my LC? The lights had H7 bulbs so I bought some and replaced them. Slightly better, but I would like to know what I'm working with in terms of housing.

Any help IDing these?
00W0W_dpvlqmyDrgJ_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
As far as I know they're like the only ones available for the 100s, so they're definitely the best. ;)

I don't have first hand experience, but there are plenty of guys here running them. I think some have even retrofitted projectors into them.

As far as I know they're like the only ones available for the 100s, so they're definitely the best. ;)

I don't have first hand experience, but there are plenty of guys here running them. I think some have even retrofitted projectors into them.
Ah ok. Sounds like that's what I have then. Thanks.

Now I'm wondering if these things are adjustable. Right now they seem to be pointing a little too down.

Landcruiser can use HIR bulbs..

I have LX470 and yeah it ain't no 2020 LED bulb with IIHS top safety pick in regards to lighting but its passable! New cars have us spoiled.

I'm thinking of going with danielstern 55w high output bulbs which cut longevity but give you a bit more output...

Look closely at the housing they should have a etching with the brand on the lower edge of the lens. If your looking to improve your light output look into an HID retrofit. I only have options for the LX but you'll find threads in this forum where members have done proper retrofits with amazing results

Could be the angle of the photo, but the driver side lens looks yellow compared to the passenger. The passenger headlight looks new to me.

Post up a picture of your headlights on your garage door at night so you can give perspective.

Don't waste your money on replacement bulbs at this point, HIR is going to be the next option that's easy.

This is a 80 series Depo light thats retrofitted but you can see the etching/stamping along the lower edge ...it's feint but it does have the Depo name. Check your's closely. I'm not sure but i believe Land Cruiser lights changed
to one piece in 2005 and not sure if they were interchangeable with earlier years. If thats the case they could be stamped with the Toyota brand
1581943391647.png

Could be the angle of the photo, but the driver side lens looks yellow compared to the passenger. The passenger headlight looks new to me.

Post up a picture of your headlights on your garage door at night so you can give perspective.

Don't waste your money on replacement bulbs at this point, HIR is going to be the next option that's easy.

Good eye

Depo headlights for the 100 series will usually have the DEPO branding engraved along the bottom edge check for that I run depos on mine and the quality is excellent for the price they are the best aftermarket option as far as I know

They aren’t yellow, there was condensation inside the lens. Another frustrating thing. That photo is fin the seller’s Craigslist ad. The lens is dried up now.

So here’s the thing, not knowing I didn’t have OEM lights I bought HIR2 bulb replacements but I couldn’t get them to fit. So I bought the h7 bulbs.

Are you saying I can fit HIR2 bulbs into the housings I have? Tell me more!

Look closely at the housing they should have a etching with the brand on the lower edge of the lens. If your looking to improve your light output look into an HID retrofit. I only have options for the LX but you'll find threads in this forum where members have done proper retrofits with amazing results

I just went outside and checked, there's no etching on either lens. So these must be some Chepos, not Depos. :rimshot:

Looks like I'll be adding headlight upgrades to my list. Not a high priority right now though.

The HIR bulbs usually need a little trimming on the top tab to make work. It's a 2-minute operation.

yhst-91565365470012_2267_311973.jpg

The HIR bulbs usually need a little trimming on the top tab to make work. It's a 2-minute operation.

View attachment 2213598
Like I said in one of my previous posts in this thread, I did the trimming before I realized I had aftermarket housings. Unless I’m missing something, the way the back of the housing is set up, there’s no way for the bulb to fit in the back, trim or no trim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom