Headlight issue... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

So I've searched around and have not found much on the forums. I have an 05 LX470. I see that there is a DRL resistor in the engine bay, so it either was a late 05 model that got it from factory, or it got the TSB done.

The high beams haven't worked since I got the car, I assumed it was the bulbs that were bad as the high beam indicator lights up on the dash when I try to flash the brights. I swapped out the bulbs this past weekend, and noticed that the highs still aren't working. I checked the 20A fuses under the hood. All good. The only thing I can think of is the DRL relay. Just wondering if you guys had any tips, or if I should just go ahead and buy the relay (~120 USD) and try it out. I doublt I'll be able to return it if it isn't the culprit as there are only so many retailers. Thanks in advance.

I eventually would love to buy a brand new set of OEM headlights and have an HID retrofit done, but I can't justify the cost currently.

So in doing some testing, it seems like I don't hear any audible click when I turn on the high beams or flash the brights. Also no voltage to the bulbs. I'm wondering if the high beam relay clicks when the car is started, since it technically powers the DRLs. One the otherhand, i guess it could be the DRL relay as well, which strangely enough, clicks when I turn on the lowbeams. So it's either the High Beam relay (it's located impossibly underneath the fuse box) or the DRL relay. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

can you swap the relay with another one just like it? many of them in the fuse box are basically the same
The relay is in teh lower compartment of the fuse box, really hard to get to. I'm thinking of just ordering a replacement DRL relay just to test since it's easier to get to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom