Headlight Assembly Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If it is Genuine DEPO lamp made in Taiwan, yes go for it. I used to carry the 1 piece Depo lamp for 100 LC but not at the moment.

I actually upgraded my glass headlights to a similar style headlight assembly (my replacement was a DEPO headlight, as the user said above is ideal). It really gives the front of my rig a solid refresh and makes the vehicle feel a lot newer. The glass is a cool option, but not being able to update the assemblies with better functioning bulbs (at least safely and without putting oncoming traffic at risk), is a bit of a bummer.

I actually went with an LED retrofit into a DEPO assembly. I got all the benefits of LED headlights with plug and play installation. Feel free to check out TEQ customs, they did a great job for me and my rig.

PXL_20240222_000654447.jpg

PXL_20240222_153039500.jpg

PXL_20240222_153058819.jpg

Those are Depo's, private labeled for USR. Solid choice.
Admittedly, save $100 and get them from here. The "clear corner" look isn't of interest to me, but if it's worth $100 then the USR units are the same as the Depo in terms of optics/output. FWIW - I work for HD's parent company.

OEM light is realy bright and illuminate the road 100%. I have the 2000 lights and went with OEM glass type: No regrets at all. For my 97 4runner I went with DEPO glass first and then went with OEM TOYOTA and see no significant difference with the brightness of the light.

OEM light is realy bright and illuminate the road 100%. I have the 2000 lights and went with OEM glass type: No regrets at all. For my 97 4runner I went with DEPO glass first and then went with OEM TOYOTA and see no significant difference with the brightness of the light.
Thanks. When I bought mine 5 years
ago, I replaced the original with new OEM glass because the silver in the old ones had faded so bad they didn't reflect anything forward anymore.

I've ordered the DEPO lights. I'll get two for the price of one. I'm not looking to get brighter, just a new headlight assembly so I can keep a working headlight for more than a week.

It only needs to last a year or so. The plan is to either upgrade to a 200 series or or get one of the new hybrid LC as a retirement gift for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom