Headlight conversion 7” round (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@DominicanFZJ80 How do you like those Marimotos?

The light output is crazy good compared to what I came from (stock). The added benefit of integrated DRLs is also a "cool" factor. Decided to to utilize the turn signal functionality.

Ultimately, very happy with the selection.

Yeah i really like how they came out for mine.. i run the amber lights with the side markers and i don't use the drl white lights at all. The cut off is great too.

I'm curious how well these conversions "align" with ARB bull bars, are they centered in the openings, or do the bars cause mis-alignment?

I'm curious how well these conversions "align" with ARB bull bars, are they centered in the openings, or do the bars cause mis-alignment?
I have no idea really. I am sure someone out there that has bought this kit has that bumper though.

Are headlight housings available for a 1995 80, @kelly saad? I looked on your website but didnt see anything. If yes, will they work with the factory grill? I have issues with one of my headlamps and looking at replacement options. I really like the way these round lights look!

I think he’s just doing the round headlight buckets with the grille pkg. https://landcruisergrilles.com/shop...-grille-and-headlight-combo-large-hex-2-piece
This is the way you want to go. I’ve got the original ones that are cutout for the stock grille they are awesome but the fitment is much cleaner with the new design. Whenever I get through the rest of my to do list I’ll change mine out to the new style grille and headlight buckets.

BE446949-0FDE-4709-A387-B94DFFF905E5.jpeg

I think he’s just doing the round headlight buckets with the grille pkg. 95-97 80 series grille and headlight combo, large hex, 2 piece - https://landcruisergrilles.com/shop-1/ols/products/80-series-grille-and-headlight-combo-large-hex-2-piece
This is the way you want to go. I’ve got the original ones that are cutout for the stock grille they are awesome but the fitment is much cleaner with the new design. Whenever I get through the rest of my to do list I’ll change mine out to the new style grille and headlight buckets.

View attachment 2604896

I like what you did with the front running lights - who makes those LED’s?

Any chance you got amber, or are they white/clear?

I’d just stuck clear depo lenses / amber bulbs there like ~15yrs ago, they are finally clouding over & looking ratty.

I like what you did with the front running lights - who makes those LED’s?

Any chance you got amber, or are they white/clear?

I’d just stuck clear depo lenses / amber bulbs there like ~15yrs ago, they are finally clouding over & looking ratty.
The ones in the valance are from ***NEW**** 2017 F250/F350 Double Hidden Grille Mount LED Lights (Includes two 11" LED Light Bars, two hidden grille mounts, and wire harness) - https://www.southernliteled.com/new-2017-f250-f350-double-hidden-grille-mount-led-lights-includes-two-11-led-light-bars-two-hidden-grille-mounts-and-wire-harness/
They are white off road lights. @slow95z found a similar light bar on Amazon for a lot less.
I moved the indicators to the corners and it’s a switchback led white when on and changes to Amber with the turn signal.

Are headlight housings available for a 1995 80, @kelly saad? I looked on your website but didnt see anything. If yes, will they work with the factory grill? I have issues with one of my headlamps and looking at replacement options. I really like the way these round lights look!
What @voodu3 said. They fit as good as possible but the look of the housings next to the factory grille is ugly, in my opinion. It’s not really anything I can control, it’s just 2 different materials trying to mesh together and it’s not happening. I think there is a better representation of what I build other than the 80 housings with the factory grille. I have people ask often for them, and I did sell a couple sets recently, but I would rather not.

Reactions: KTP
Thanks for the responses, and pic. I agree they look great on the gray truck above. And replacing the useless blinkers, moving blinkers to side and additional light to original blinker spot is brilliant. Looks like I need to add this to the list and save up! In the meantime ... exhaust leaks, snorkel, try to seal existing headlight, O2 sensors, fix water leaks, fix slow windows, etc. etc. etc lol.

I've put 2.5 35W HIDs in mine but I want more light output on low beam...thought I could run a 3.5 HID initially but the depth is an issue so I'm running Aux lights in the grille (no cooling issues BTW) but they only run with High beams...which could use a bit more as well. I don't want to bolt anything outside of the grille and those F-150 lights look appearling but those Morimotos caught my eye. Any idea how the Morimotos compare to HID?

20190226_232125.jpg

20190226_232129.jpg

20190327_221556.jpg

20190420_120105.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom