Headlight conversion 7” round (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is the first one that was sold FYI. The others are built and waiting the new headlight adjuster mounts. I didn't like the quality of the previous ones I bought. Will ship them out once I get the stuff. Thanks everyone again for your patience.

I was a bit iffy about the rectangular opening for the round headlights at first, but I'm actually starting to dig it a bit. I'll wait a bit longer for more photos to pop up before I commit this to my short list.
I could make the openings round or a different shape, but I just don't think it looks right. There was too much flat surface on either side of the light and it looked odd. The rectangle mimics the square design around the light on the bezel of the 60 series. At least that was my vision anyway. At least I tried to put some thought into it.:)

Just a update for everyone. I got to spend some time getting everything lined up. I had a few small issues fitting mine. @Kellysaad helped me get it figured out. He has made a few changes to the headlight mounts for the rest of you. Kelly actually offered to come to Phoenix to help me with mine. He is a first class guy who stands behind his products.
FB_IMG_1535898949548.jpg
FB_IMG_1535898946624.jpg
FB_IMG_1535898943036.jpg

FB_IMG_1535898952459.jpg

Just a update for everyone. I got to spend some time getting everything lined up. I had a few small issues fitting mine. @Kellysaad helped me get it figured out. He has made a few changes to the headlight mounts for the rest of you. Kelly actually offered to come to Phoenix to help me with mine. He is a first class guy who stands behind his products. View attachment 1780182 View attachment 1780183 View attachment 1780184

View attachment 1780181
That is looking good!

That is looking awesome! Any chance you could take a picture with a similar perspective to this picture of my LX450? I am trying to see if I can modify the 7" retrofit headlight housings to keep my stock LX grille without bugging @kelly saad to make me special ones!

zCG22Fh.jpg

You will never bug me. I’m happy to help any way I can. The Lexus grille at the top is too wide, and you would have to cut the headlight vertical frame piece. Not sure how that would work out but it would take some cutting. It could be made to work for sure, if you have a welder and grinder you could pull it off.
4CA231B7-00EF-4689-87E3-A7A4971A20E0.jpeg

That is looking awesome! Any chance you could take a picture with a similar perspective to this picture of my LX450? I am trying to see if I can modify the 7" retrofit headlight housings to keep my stock LX grille without bugging @kelly saad to make me special ones!

zCG22Fh.jpg
Here are the 2 files, in place on top of each other. This is my Lexus grille, same shape as yours. The yellow line is the location of the vertical frame of the headlight. Also the grille would be in the headlight opening. I would need to make custom face frames for yours, and modify it to work. I'm happy to do this for you at no extra cost, I just don't have an LX here to test fit on, so I couldn't guarantee it. Hope this helps you.

fullsizeoutput_3867.jpeg

You know where to find an LX when ever you need one. :)

You know where to find an LX when ever you need one. :)
I know, thanks again. I was going to see if you could help me with my rear control arm bushings, as you have the press. :clap:Was looking through your thread and noticed that you did those bushings on yours. I will be back out there in a few weeks, I will see you then.

Here are the 2 files, in place on top of each other. This is my Lexus grille, same shape as yours. The yellow line is the location of the vertical frame of the headlight. Also the grille would be in the headlight opening. I would need to make custom face frames for yours, and modify it to work. I'm happy to do this for you at no extra cost, I just don't have an LX here to test fit on, so I couldn't guarantee it. Hope this helps you.

View attachment 1783445

Ohh yeah! That does help. Is there any way you can do the same overlay but instead of the "stock LC grille headlight bezel" use your custom grille headlight bezel?

I certainly appreciate you going out of your way to help me out with the LX grille, however I really like the smoother interface between your custom grille and the headlight housing. I want that but with the stock grille to keep my front end low key looking. I have an idea in my head of what I want the front end to look like and it involves some cutting and trimming of the stock LX grille. It wouldn't be fair to ask you to create something like that.

Using your drawing above, this is sort of what I am hoping to create:
T7wkF5J.png

I am just trying to make sure it is feasible/ possible. I can cut, grind, and weld.

Ohh yeah! That does help. Is there any way you can do the same overlay but instead of the "stock LC grille headlight bezel" use your custom grille headlight bezel?

I certainly appreciate you going out of your way to help me out with the LX grille, however I really like the smoother interface between your custom grille and the headlight housing. I want that but with the stock grille to keep my front end low key looking. I have an idea in my head of what I want the front end to look like and it involves some cutting and trimming of the stock LX grille. It wouldn't be fair to ask you to create something like that.

Using your drawing above, this is sort of what I am hoping to create:
T7wkF5J.png

I am just trying to make sure it is feasible/ possible. I can cut, grind, and weld.
It will probably work if you cut the LX grille, but I don't think you will be happy with the end result. Just my opinion. I could send you a set of headlights, you could cut them yourself.

I swapped my Lexus grille for a Land Cruiser grill when I did the depo headlight swap. Why not just order the LC grill when ordering the light housings? Am I missing something?

I swapped my Lexus grille for a Land Cruiser grill when I did the depo headlight swap. Why not just order the LC grill when ordering the light housings? Am I missing something?

I think he likes the LEXUS grille. He could probably modify a factory Land Cruiser grille with a Lexus emblem though. Why didn't we think of this?? Good idea!

I am so jealous you have your round headlight conversions. I can’t wait to get mine. Your truck looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.
I think this is my best mod so far! I should have it back from my painter next week. The changes Kelly is making is worth the wait. It will be a drop in and great easy fit.

I think he likes the LEXUS grille. He could probably modify a factory Land Cruiser grille with a Lexus emblem though. Why didn't we think of this?? Good idea!

I had that thought, but I just like the Lexus grille better. Most people wouldn't know the difference between the two, but I would and I want to keep it all Lexus. The thought was to have a finished front end product as subtle and OEM Lexus-looking as possible.

At this point I think I am just going to get the custom center grille anyway! But I certainly appreciate the idea!

Can you please pm me for headlamp conversion and the blank steel grill shipped to 782011
It’s for an lx so I can’t use with my grill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom