HDJ81 Wiper Upgrade Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can I put a pair of US 4runner wiper arms on my HDJ81? Did this on my FJ60 and
it was a huge improvement. Also you get more of a selection of wiper arms for your 81.
If not what is the wiper arm upgrade everyone is doing? Thanks!!

What's wrong with the stock HDJ81 wiper arms? I've never had any replacement blades not fit. Also worth considering, is they are backwards from a LHD vehicle, so the arms are likely not compatible with any LHD stuff anyways.

What would be an upgrade about the arms if they did fit? From memory doesn't the 4runner and 80 series both use 18" as the stock size for both blades? Just put a better quality or longer blade on each arm for an "upgrade" ?

I can see how an FJ60 might use older tech on the wiper arms, but I can't think of anything that would be better about 3rd or even 4th gen 4Runner arms compared to what an 80 series already has.

I just replaced my factory arms with a new set of factory arms. Made a nice difference.

I can see how an FJ60 might use older tech on the wiper arms, but I can't think of anything that would be better about 3rd or even 4th gen 4Runner arms compared to what an 80 series already has.

The FJ60 wiper arms are almost identical to the wiper arms that are on my 81. Arms that have 2 screws to hold the metal plate that
the wiper arm pin goes thru. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure about this. I will see as soon as I get home tonight and open up
my Toyota Parts Den. I have my old FJ60 arms stored in the parts bags that the new 4runner wipers came in so I can check any differences.

Also 4runner wiper arms have a stronger spring in them that puts more pressure on them against the windshield. They also have the curved ends on them so you can use or pick from a huge variety of wiper arms. This is the best upgrade for FJ60's that still have their original wiper
arms on them. Will figure this out tonight after work.

The FJ60 wiper arms are almost identical to the wiper arms that are on my 81. Arms that have 2 screws to hold the metal plate that
the wiper arm pin goes thru. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure about this. I will see as soon as I get home tonight and open up
my Toyota Parts Den. I have my old FJ60 arms stored in the parts bags that the new 4runner wipers came in so I can check any differences.

Also 4runner wiper arms have a stronger spring in them that puts more pressure on them against the windshield. They also have the curved ends on them so you can use or pick from a huge variety of wiper arms. This is the best upgrade for FJ60's that still have their original wiper
arms on them. Will figure this out tonight after work.

My HDJ81 has the curved ends as well, changing wiper blades is a simple swap.

What blades are you guys using for rhd vehicles? Or installing them upside down not make any difference? Thank you

What blades are you guys using for rhd vehicles? Or installing them upside down not make any difference? Thank you

Wiper blades are wiper blades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom