Has anyone used NAPA branded Birf's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If your an axle snapper, lifetime all over the country is enticing.....

Reminds me of the Honda days...
Yep, I was just gonna say. Lifetime axle warranty got a heavy workout with a friend's 500+ HP civic. I have to imagine NAPA has gotten wise to that since back then.

To the OP: I would go with genuine parts for the simple reason that an 80 axle tear-down is not a simple quick change-out job like other vehicles' CVs. I'd rather put it together with the best parts and leave it alone rather than break something and have to use the warranty.

What's the price of the oem?

Get both please and compare.
Roughly $800 a side with discount. Outers only. Inner shafts sold as individual units.

Last edited:
Hey guys, it looks like Napa has Birfs with inner driveshafts for $135 and $160... Does anyone have any experience with these? They have a lifetime warranty, but this doesn't look like a job to cheap out on parts on...

At those low prices, my best guess would be that those parts are being made in China. When i see stuff like this, it reminds me of that old saying. Buy quality and only bare the pain of the high cost once. But if you buy cheap, you'll get the pleasure of doing that job over again, and paying twice. So choose wisely.

find a good used birf, I have been running mine for years with no breakage on the rubicon, moab etc but I do drive carefully and try to preserve my equipment, most people don't realize how strong factory birfs are up to 35 inch tires, if larger tires go to chromoly, rcv are great axles and made in the USA.

find a good used birf, I have been running mine for years with no breakage on the rubicon, moab etc but I do drive carefully and try to preserve my equipment, most people don't realize how strong factory birfs are up to 35 inch tires, if larger tires go to chromoly, rcv are great axles and made in the USA.
The only reason I was looking around is because I'm about to replace my brakes (rotors/pads/calipers) and I think I need to repack/reseal my Birf's while I'm there... I don't know if mine are bad or not, but the truck (1996 LX450) has 160k miles and I thought it might make sense to replace them.

160K miles is just getting warmed up. Unless there is a problem (e.g. clicking sounds) I would rebuild what you have.

The only reason I was looking around is because I'm about to replace my brakes (rotors/pads/calipers) and I think I need to repack/reseal my Birf's while I'm there... I don't know if mine are bad or not, but the truck (1996 LX450) has 160k miles and I thought it might make sense to replace them.
nope, they are probably fine, take them apart and inspect them for any wear or cracks.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom