Can anyone share measurements of the screws used on visor clips? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
I swapped out my damaged visors for LS400 visors. I bought Solvefunction clips, but the screws from the factory clip don't purchase any material in the roof when used in the holes that Lee says they should.

In the absence of any other ideas, I'm wondering if a prior owner put in different screws that are a little small. None of the screws I measured at the hardware store are the tiny bit larger that I'd need, but still fit in the hole.

My email thread with the vendor seemed to have died out, with no solution for me, so I'm asking the community.

If I could get some screw measurements, maybe I can find a screw that will solve this.

The only way it would install (however, screw should be in the forward hole to fit correctly):

IMG_3218.jpeg
image0.jpeg

I went to the dealer and ordered two 93530-45020. I'll report back if they fit.

Shave the base of the clip? Not sure on amount of wiggle room you have with the base of the visor mount itself.

Don't remember exactly off the top of my head but the back hole is the one you screw into, the front is where the little plastic push clip inserts. To fit the factory LS400 visor clip you have to cut off the that little plastic tab and the tabs that expand with the screw.

The screw is a little bit bigger then a #10 and smaller then a #12 Oval head screw for sheet metal 3/4 in..

Head Diameter .345in
Length .854 in
Thread Diameter .2in

I can order these with my next bolt order and add to the siite.

I got the new factory screws from my local Toyota dealer. They are exactly the same as fhe ones I took out. They don't bite into the forward holes, but thread fine into the rear holes. Either my '94 uses a different hole than the ones Solvefunction modeled theirs after, or something is just not right with mine.

Same exact situation, I went to a larger screw and ran it in there. Not Lee's fault, someone had definitely messed with the driver side screw. I had to widen the opening on the visor clips from Lee.

@Outsane wanted to possibly order a slightly different clip if its possible

I got the new factory screws from my local Toyota dealer. They are exactly the same as fhe ones I took out. They don't bite into the forward holes, but thread fine into the rear holes. Either my '94 uses a different hole than the ones Solvefunction modeled theirs after, or something is just not right with mine.
There is only 1 screw used to hold the clip in place, the rear hole. The front hole is for a peg that is part of the clip.

I can make a version for larger screws, and provide the screw if you want.

So many terrible names for this product.
That would be awesome!

So, for a data point, not an argument, my '94 has this configuration:

IMG_3715.jpeg
IMG_3716.jpeg
IMG_3717.jpeg

The screw goes in the rearward hole.

Maybe a nuance of the early cars?

@Outsane - I can send you the original clip if needed to take measurements off of.

I have a 1994 with the 4.5 liter 1FZ-FE engine, transfer case with viscous coupler, rear disk brakes, 16" rims, (now deleted ) ABS, full float rear axles, etc. I thought that is the FZJ80?

Perhaps FZ vs FZJ is not the discriminator on which version of clip is required?

The '94 is an oddball year where it has other "early" interior parts, like for example the '94 has the earlier rounded dash and curved switches.

I just need to find the right clips so the lexus LS400 visors I installed are aligned correctly. They are angled backward now, and I believe should be more parallel with the top of the windshield.

Visor install is a separate issue, you may have the visor mount flipped 180, either on the visor or the provided mount base both are not symmetrical.

Dm me so I can find your order and ship the clips for the early 80 series. Finding an order from a handle on mud can be impossible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom