Has anyone solved the FJ62 stereo mounting bracket dilemma? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Given the difficulty finding the side mounting brackets for the 62, has anyone come up with a different solution? Wondering if anyone had an easy work around? This seems to be a common issue

1614922794194.png

No one currently has recreated. Have someone draw it up or learn to draw in CAD or similar software. Send it over to someone with a water jet or laser jet. It's a super simple shape with two major bends and 4 minor which aren't mission critical.

I just sold my spare brackets else I'd offer them up for a copy if there is truly a need.

Last edited:
I would be happy with a picture taken with a scanner of that bracket and few measures so I could make a 3d model of it. I am working on a 3d-printed mount and it would be easier to position the radio in right place with a 3d model of that bracket.

That was for a 60, not 62. Or have I missed that thread.

Oh, I think you’re right.

Yeah for 60 series:

Seems he might be in for ideas for products. Maybe reach out to him and see if something can be done for you here.

@ChaserFJ60

HTH.

I've found a pair, but have reached out to @ChaserFJ60 to see if he wants to scan and print for others. I am sure he will want to.

Given the difficulty finding the side mounting brackets for the 62, has anyone come up with a different solution? Wondering if anyone had an easy work around? This seems to be a common issue

View attachment 2603727
Yeah, I need this also. I'm about to dive into my dash to try and install a double-din Carplay stereo and backup cam.
I think the 60 version is being printed by @ChaserFJ60 .. not sure if anyone else has made one for the 62, or has a workaround?
I'm hoping I can figure something out with my very rudimentary 3D printing abilities, once I see what's inside there. What is this a picture of?

Yeah, I need this also. I'm about to dive into my dash to try and install a double-din Carplay stereo and backup cam.
I think the 60 version is being printed by @ChaserFJ60 .. not sure if anyone else has made one for the 62, or has a workaround?
I'm hoping I can figure something out with my very rudimentary 3D printing abilities, once I see what's inside there. What is this a picture of?
I could make an FJ62 ash tray switch panel, but not without cutting into the bezel as the Carling switches and Toyota switches are just too tall. It would be possible to do with smaller pin switches or those small toggle switches.

And yes I am selling ashtray replacement panels for the FJ60 at : FJ60 Solutions by FJ60Solutions on Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/shop/FJ60Solutions

-Chase

:cheers:

Chiming in like a noob here. I too am about to install a double din Apple CarPlay unit in my 62. Will I be needing a custom bracket or do these generally slide right into the existing bracket?

Chiming in like a noob here. I too am about to install a double din Apple CarPlay unit in my 62. Will I be needing a custom bracket or do these generally slide right into the existing bracket?
:lol: I doubt it... maybe we'll get lucky? Mine looks like the PO already put in an aftermarket single-din that doesn't look quite right.. so we'll see what's back there when I take off the dash bezel. I'm anticipating a few trips to Home Depot for some of those metal straps with holes, and various mix-n-match screws to see if I can figure something out.
1615242394992.png

T
That picture is of the brackets needed to install the double Din. @ChaserFJ60 is going to see if he can make. They attach tothe side of the deck. There are also two brackets that hang down and attach to the side brackets that you will need. They are probably there. I can take a picture tonight.

:lol: I doubt it... maybe we'll get lucky? Mine looks like the PO already put in an aftermarket single-din that doesn't look quite right.. so we'll see what's back there when I take off the dash bezel. I'm anticipating a few trips to Home Depot for some of those metal straps with holes, and various mix-n-match screws to see if I can figure something out.
View attachment 2607705
They should be the same brackets, so my bet is that you are lucky!

I just need to gauge demand before I produce them. I have them just about ready to go.
more info at Fj60 Solutions - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj60-solutions.1234894/page-8#post-13726877
View attachment 2618819
I luckily still have mine, but they're starting to show signs of corrosion. I need to look again (the head unit has been sitting in my shop for several years) and see if they're still okay or if I should look into new ones. Chalk me up as interested.

Currently in the final fitment phase! These should be available really soon. If you plan on buying one let me know so I can have an appropriate supply ready. The final version will be laser cut from stainless steel.
20210325_154917.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom