H55f detent ball and spring needed ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where to buy small parts for the h55f ?
I need a new detent ball and spring and 5th gear shift boot

Thanks

This is not a shifter part needed.
It's the spring and ball bearing in the side of the transmission that holds the 5th gear selector in place .

You should be able still get them from Toyota

Have you ordered parts for the pre 10/85 (what was in the 40 series) H55F? I figure I would check on the F/H input shaft. Dealer said the part number wasn't their system, not that it was NLA. I question what kind of support we can expect to get on non US imported parts. Cruiser Dan has even said the H55F was never imported here and a fluke we can even get them which could change at anytime. What support for the internal parts who know the status? I'm sure we will always be able to find them some where as long as they are available. Going to any Toyota dealer is what I doubt. Parts that are the same as the four speed should be okay if you know the part number. Five speed probably won't even have a diagram to look at much less find part numbers for you.

Search mud for the pdf scans of old parts microfiche. I have one for my FJ60. It’s a lifesaver when you need to order parts.

Search mud for the pdf scans of old parts microfiche. I have one for my FJ60. It’s a lifesaver when you need to order parts.

Yeah going to have to ..
The last link turned out to have numerous detent part numbers ... Didn't see the exact one
I'm still waiting on a return call from cruiser brothers

Have you ordered parts for the pre 10/85 (what was in the 40 series) H55F? I figure I would check on the F/H input shaft. Dealer said the part number wasn't their system, not that it was NLA. I question what kind of support we can expect to get on non US imported parts. Cruiser Dan has even said the H55F was never imported here and a fluke we can even get them which could change at anytime. What support for the internal parts who know the status? I'm sure we will always be able to find them some where as long as they are available. Going to any Toyota dealer is what I doubt. Parts that are the same as the four speed should be okay if you know the part number. Five speed probably won't even have a diagram to look at much less find part numbers for you.

There were very few markets that got an h55f in the f/h variety prior to 1985, but most parts besides the input shaft and bearing are the same in the later varieties. I think the input shaft part number for the earlier smaller bearing variety you're looking for is 33311-60070. Prolly not available in North America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom