Grab Rail Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It used properly, it keeps the wear and tear on the outside edge of the seat to a minimum too.
Especially with the high bolstered seats in my 40.

IMG_0594.jpg
IMG_0588.jpg

Appreciate the info all, answers a lot of questions :clap:
I'm trying not to use the steering wheel to get in drivers side. Not smart, but usually the first thing I reach for.

Last edited:
It used properly, it keeps the wear and tear on the outside edge of the seat to a minimum too.

Could not agree more. Been doing this for ever on all my vehicles. I installed pillar grab bar on the passenger side and B pillar grab bars in my FJ62. Cracks in the side vinyl but upholstery on the driver's seat is still in great shape. Very disappointed Toyota dropped the driver's A pillar grab bar in the 5th generation 4Runner. While not as comfortable to use in getting in I use the steering wheel. Getting out the steering wheel is of no use getting out. They also dropped the B pillar grab bars. Our 4th generation 4Runner has grab bars on all A and B pillars. Believe the 3rd generation we had did as well. Shame on Toyota for that. I have never thought a handle on the door header was as easy to use on one one the pillar. But on the 40 series I'm not going to drill the windshield frame to put a grab bar in. My FJ62 the holes were there in there A pillar and the B pillars the fixed nuts were there.

FWIW - The grab handles above my doors are for helping myself and riders up into the respective seats, as well as getting out of my rig. They work GREAT for that purpose....OH, and I do get to hang my left arm from it while driving, which is a plus.

:meh: ** YMMV ** :meh:
Showing off the tat! Plus I am old. You sold me!

I just installed these 2 handles on my 43, testing to see which i like better. The longer one is for the new bronco, the smaller for the jeep jk or JL, or JB, or j something. Anyway, first impression I like the jeep one better, out of the way. It doesn’t fit on paper, but actually is just right. Got them on both sides, they were about $14 a pair from Amazon

1673044497671.jpeg

The grab bar reminds me of when my buddy took me for a spin thru the sticks. On a right-hand-drive vehicle, descending a hill, my buddy took his foot off of the gas and reaching all the way over to the clutch, in neutral, started pumping the clutch pedal. Huh, he says with certainty and concern, "Well, no brakes." The Mazda Ranger clone or whatever, must have had something that I grabbed on to, can't remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom