GPdenver's 1999 LX470 thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had the lseat.com front seats installed, they look pretty darn good! I paid a local installer $500 for the install, so for $830 I'm happy. I also like the feel of the leather over the factory material. These seem more like a bmw leather, less slick than the Toyota material.

kMuAyQw.jpg

I had the lseat.com front seats installed, they look pretty darn good! I paid a local installer $500 for the install, so for $830 I'm happy. I also like the feel of the leather over the factory material. These seem more like a bmw leather, less slick than the Toyota material.

kMuAyQw.jpg
New leather looks great, what color did you end up going with from LSeat?

More parts coming in. The AHC globes need replacing, but instead of ripping it out like most do, I've decided to adapt it to offroad as well as the aftermarket, and continue to get the buttery smooth, solid ride that keeps me from upgrading to a newer model. 2" ahc extenders from Japan, snorkel, rear spring spacers, new front turn signal bullets, black speaker cloth, cabin filters, steering rack, outer tie rods, snorkel. Not pictured, new AHC globes and shocks/rams, upper and lower control arms, urethane rack bushings, rear spoiler. Hopefully all of this is done and on by the end of the month.
-ltHntjPsqssmJ85Y4yqsvFWMTpdAkP4367MFJxJ_Ew_8mr9BU7x3OZ2kxDFaMOFykJOlxfG13i4q16byV8ukjdcgmjVvHtPzFLsBmTv-LORKORbWR3fA2dsgBYns8a0vtg6_imAyeW4DqNRiF_wK5gr6Pys04W65gqz0lFUKX2vpZBNUeRS6-xnT9wV7z-Tbq8hzp6nRZE_scObVN8IUs7b0fFggGznnMgKvrXvEv-JnC3qRIMfUvJgLsQuQHJGFna0cF0arH7EF3A6FAYDmt9seH37VgiNjtHbA2h3CQETKizievuO0mB6hpClspMVuWKoycjXyFvxlJHLJPnq6Zs7g1HuNV3d0-PnwQBuHMA4CoPyw1xe5wdvBTfn2EUd8ykxU1gOkwkQSTulnOLaGtPt1qpRD8rme1DyeGTy3DZvhe_t21ps7Z2A9DKL6c6OzE9kWWR57tjUyTSej9fU0aoLLBMQj5uSvnnQCK-uuiJnXnfgRQIpVJ7Di0pC-2SPHyXxKsYYpEhmaC1kBPfiWsKwktiKUlmaVUH_BL1kbmxac6Fd5a0_pdVqZVJIPR3yjL4ZxjYoZnjhULYAV01fbNCElNo3elDhmZuh7ak=w962-h721-no

Not sure how I missed this before... great thread!

You are my car collection hero!!

I'm personally looking forward to your impression on the AHC lift/mods.

Regarding the first post and the T-Belt failure, about 20 miles after the purchase of my 06 LX470 the belt came off. The upper half of the engine was absolute toast... beat up valves and pistons! I was traveling downhill at about 65mph, that might have been the difference.... high revs? I had negotiated T-Belt and water pump change as part of the deal, as it was not listed in maintenance, and it was installed incorrectly. Long story short, I got a new engine for $0.

Great build, I look forward to seeing more.

Last edited:
Regarding the first post and the T-Belt failure, about 20 miles after the purchase of my 06 LX470 the belt came off. The upper half of the engine was absolute toast... beat up valves and pistons! I was traveling downhill at about 65mph, that might have been the difference.... high revs? I had negotiated T-Belt and water pump change as part of the deal, as it was not listed in maintenance, and it was installed incorrectly. Long story short, I got a new engine for $0.

Great build, I look forward to seeing more.

From what I understand all of the vvti cars are interference motors. The 06 would have been one of those...

Reactions: JPS
Had some time tonight and got the snorkel on. The more and more I do to the car makes me want a larger tire again. Still chipping away and making this thing cool. Sorry the car is filthy, it snows here during the winter...
1LWmblW.jpg

Added finally finishing my front bumper to the list. I had just rattle canned it after I put it together, and still need to blast it and powder coat. Still deciding if I want a stinger or some more front end protection. Hopefully I can find some time to finish the front end parts soon.

From what I understand all of the vvti cars are interference motors. The 06 would have been one of those...
That's interesting that pre VVTi are non-interference, so the extra horsepower comes from the interference re-design I imagine? Did you ever compression test to see if there was any loss after the TBelt damage?

That's interesting that pre VVTi are non-interference, so the extra horsepower comes from the interference re-design I imagine? Did you ever compression test to see if there was any loss after the TBelt damage?
Yes, compression tested good across the board

Reactions: JPS
Need a new steering rack soon. Where and how much? If you don’t mind
Thanks
I bought it from Detroit Axle. If you send in the core you get a lifetime warranty. I've heard even OEM rebuilt racks can fail after a year, so I figured this was a good way to go. It was around $300

i have a quick question, i really like your deck set up... do you know if and how well it cooperates with iphone? and also with the 10.1... it looks like it eliminates the need for the dash kit for around the stereo is that right?

Sad day for me, finally cut the cord and agreed to sell it to a friend. I haven't driven it in over a year, so it was time. Not my favorite car I have ever owned, but definitely the best!

I'll post updates as I finish the build for him, I finally got around to doing new steering rack, tie rods, ball joints, front AHC rams and globes. Also put a set of new 33" Nitto Ridge Grappler tires on it for him. Next up cosmetic improvements, sliders and possibly a rear bumper.

Here she is with some of her off road stable mates one last time...

And here she is on the new tires:

Once I finish I will do a proper photo shoot...

So I'm back for my once a year update. I never sold it, despite having way more cars and projects than I have time for. For whatever reason I have some odd love affair with this car.

My steering wheel leather was peeling off the steering wheel, so I went ahead and bought one of the pistol grip wood/perforated steering wheels for a 03+ thinking I could adapt the airbag. Turns out you cannot, so $300 later I still needed a steering wheel refurbish. So I found a molded simulated wheel cover, but when it showed up it matched the ivory interior not the brown airbag. So I pulled it off and painted the airbag to match the new "wood" steering wheel. $50 all in.

R03VFnW.jpg

1000 times better!

I'll try and post here more, but I rarely give the LX love anymore as the garage is overflowing!
KI8Tzps.jpg

Next up is new front seat upholstery. If anyone has had Lseat.com in the car for awhile let me know how they are holding up.

Do you know what color/brand of paint you used to match the airbag?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom