99 Lx 'movin up' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
bought my first 100 series last week... been with the 80's series for a while and found this and thought maybe it was time...
225000mi
nothing in the drivers door works... ie: window switch, speaker, seat program buttons...
antenna broken
aftermarket dvd system held up with duct tape
but its mine and everything will get takin care of...

first thing i did was install some 285's
next is timing belt water pump, fan bracket(its about to fly off)
valve cover gaskets
then ill find the broken wires in the door jam for the windows
repair dvd system and hopefully salvage it... as i have 3 kids and would like to retain it

You might carefully remove the door controls insert and make sure the harness is plugged in firmly. I had mine wiggle out after some work and I just needed to push it in a little further and it clicked into place the second time.

Welcome to club 100

well looking at the service history on lexus website... it has been in to the lexus dealer 3 times for left front speaker intermittant inop and 2 of the 3 times they replaced the speaker..... lol so i'm pretty sure the problem lies between the door and the body in the wire loom... i did notice that the light on the door for when you open the door that shines on the ground outside the rig, still functions.... its the only thing that does function on the door

any whoo... i got my parts today to fix some issues and baseline a little....
should get it installed 2maro hopefully can get some pics of it too....
1413226-63e830d6f408960294beeca53afa26a5.jpg

well looking at the service history on lexus website... it has been in to the lexus dealer 3 times for left front speaker intermittant inop and 2 of the 3 times they replaced the speaker..... lol so i'm pretty sure the problem lies between the door and the body in the wire loom... i did notice that the light on the door for when you open the door that shines on the ground outside the rig, still functions.... its the only thing that does function on the door

any whoo... i got my parts today to fix some issues and baseline a little....
should get it installed 2maro hopefully can get some pics of it too....
1413226-63e830d6f408960294beeca53afa26a5.jpg

Is that the Aisin TB/WP kit off Amazon? Pic is small, my vision is bad and my laptop is only 15" :cry:

timing belt water pump pulleys tentioner...
also have factory thermostat
dorman fan bracket
valve cover gaskets and new spark plugs

got everything done... wasn't too bad for my first timing belt job... broke one bolt on the water pump... but got it out with the help of a friend... much quieter... it doesnt sound like the engine is going to fall apart anymore... fixed the window problem too... just as another member had happen... broken wires in the door jam... gott em' fixed up and got my power windows back and speaker works too now... also got the sirius sat radio thing to turn on... had come unplugged under the dash... AND IT STILL HAS A SUBSCRIPTION! score!!!! Next up is to transfer my uhf/vhf radio from my 80 series to the LX... just got my amature license last weekend so i can finally use it... also adjusted the hieght sensors a little for a little lift... as well as cranked the torsions 6 turns each... rides a lot better now... also waiting for ahc fluid to come in so i can flush the ahc system as i'm hoping i like the ride a little better after that... also would like to address the wind noise coming from the drivers side of the windshield.... looks like one rivit is missing and maybe a screw in another spot....

installed my yaesu ftm 100dr last night... might have to do some finishing up with the mic and possibly external speaker... but i'm pretty happy... mounted the deck behind the lower dash above the "dead" pedal on the left side...
1418644-bfd4c609d9470970184ef52eb148a51f.jpg
1418643-5aa1dc9b8c23e42f05fdd830e2e28a85.jpg
1418642-6985e3e41f34b34713b136ba4a48bfff.jpg

installed my yaesu ftm 100dr last night... might have to do some finishing up with the mic and possibly external speaker... but i'm pretty happy... mounted the deck behind the lower dash above the "dead" pedal on the left side...

Nice, I like it.

Having a bit of radiator frustration today... ordered radiator from amazon and went to fill after installing and found the plastic cracked along the top... so quickly call napa and get a denso coming for in the morning... well it got lost somehwere.... so go to Oriely's and order another one for that afternoon well i guess it didn't get on the truck either.... so now i'm radiatorless and all the radiators i ordered are missing or not anywhere close until monday ... so frustrating but it obviously wasn't meant to be...

really enjoying this car though... i got a tablet seat bolt mount and a cheap tablet from the pawn shop for $40 and downloaded gaia
also got techstream up and running and have been messing with the rear springs.. my dad and brother both have 80's with lifts(or lifts to be installed) so i'm trying to get all the old springs to try and get my ride height and pressures correct.... currently my shocks bottom out over bumps because of the lift it has now... but i'm hoping to order some japan 4x4 shock extensions in a couple weeks...

also while messing with nuetral pressures the vehicle stopped raising and just flashed the N light and the pump was runing, got codes for abnormal pressure and current run time or something... so i put a pause to nuetral pressures until i got a new ahc pump asssembly from toyota and installed it...

also replaced my starter contacts as it was beginning the usual symptoms and i didn't want to get stranded

Can you expound just a bit on the "broken wires in the door jam" fix ??

Can you expound just a bit on the "broken wires in the door jam" fix ??
so inside the rubber wire loom where the wires run between the door and vehicle... the wires were broken... i pulled the door panel, unhooked the wire connectors behind the driver kick panel, pulled the whole wire harness into the door, there i could pull back the rubber loom and expose the broken wires.... i just put some heat shrink but & solder connectors there and whalaa
Where are you located?
I'm located in Canon City, Co

Took the Colorado Land Cruiser group for a trip thr

ough my back yard at Red Canyon Park, just North of Canon City, Co... was a great ride with a lot of cruisers!

took the LX on spring break vaca with the family went to glendo res. wy, devils tower, mt. rushmore, crazy horse, deadwood, and ended up at my wifes grand parents in south dakota... was a great trip and the LX did great.. other than the 9 mpg... but its ok because we all had a great time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom