Got a set of white FJ40 wheels with Sno Cruisers on em... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.w2m.com
wondering what year 40 they would have come off...

I will have pics later....

thx

if they are white spokes(not hub cap style) then they are 81+ and Snow Cruisers would have been correct, thats what my mustard 82 has on for the OEM spare.

not spoke...they are the same as my 77's...but white, with caps.

brian said:
did you look them over for a date?

That would be TOO LOGICAL!! IIRC, some of that old stuff DID have codes that indicated production dates!

65swb45 said:
That would be TOO LOGICAL!! IIRC, some of that old stuff DID have codes that indicated production dates!

They're not codes, they're date stampings that read like "5-76" for example usually on the outside of the wheel. Easy to see on a clean wheel.

brian said:
something like, stock on early 60's and an option on 79-83 40's.
they come with the center caps?

No stateside 60 ever came with factory white spokes. There may have been a dealer changeover or two done. One of the earliest 60's in the states was one I owned, black bumpers, black grill, steel wheels had been on it, from pix, had alloy turbines by the time I got it, I suspect they were 16's, possibly split rim. This was a very early 1980 model.

first light...

15x151/2 - JJ Dot....3 80..............March 1980 ..?

These wheels / tires were in the back of the 81 FJ60 I just picked up, he bought them with the truck new from the dealer for spares, never used em.

Just curiouse what truck they would have come off, white 40 wheels with caps.

Last edited:
Wow. I wouldn't trust any tires that old for anything but a spare. The rubber, over time, will deteriorate.

yes march of 80

white hub cap style wheels show up now and again, I think they were mostly used on 78+ fj55's but I have seen em on 40's as well.

my guess is the tires/wheels were take off a 40/55 when sold new at the dealer and they sold them to the 60 owner for snow tires or something.

Razor said:
first light...

15x151/2 - JJ Dot....3 80..............March 1980 ..?

These wheels / tires were in the back of the 81 FJ60 I just picked up, he bought them with the truck new from the dealer for spares, never used em.

Just curiouse what truck they would have come off, white 40 wheels with caps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom