Builds Giovanni’s 2016 460 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the seats are at least 40 lbs.... each!

Hey @giovanni did you get your goose gear base plate installed? Curious about your feedback on quality and install experience.

I'm considering removing the third row as weight save (more so than gaining space). But I believe I read the third row seats are ~40lbs and the base plate is ~35ish.?

I installed it recently and it’s a net loss of about 70lbs. Quality is pretty good but they didn’t countersink the drill spots on the sides wings on the proper sides. I would buy it again but it is a tad over priced for what it is.

I think the seats are at least 40 lbs.... each!

Well, that changes the calculation quite a bit. I may pull the seats out apply sound deadening and live with it that way for a bit.

I installed it recently and it’s a net loss of about 70lbs. Quality is pretty good but they didn’t countersink the drill spots on the sides wings on the proper sides. I would buy it again but it is a tad over priced for what it is.

Yeah, the price tag is really tough to justify.

I bought the Goosegear plate and then decided to go another route. Waiting on my draw setup from Rugged Bound to come in.

I have the Luxury trim with powered seats and they are heavy. I didn’t weight them but removing the seats had to be close to 100 lbs.

Installed my Rugged Bound drawers today. Fantastic quality and pretty easy install.

Haven’t put the battery in yet - will get to that this weekend.

D2BCC6B5-AC78-4801-9882-B2B7468B5E8D.jpeg

53739AAB-D979-4EA9-A6E2-E43C4892C7A3.jpeg

BDB73819-D626-4F2F-A70E-4B4015A4ABA9.jpeg

F94D90BB-3E7A-4EF3-B3FF-E212A0B3BF6A.jpeg

EAD4D702-AB58-4EB5-B6F5-25A39A0109A0.jpeg

What will the battery run?

The drawers look nice. Are there dividers for those drawers. Thinking of items shifting while you are moving.

There are some dividers that came with the drawers, but I have not installed them. Not sure I will - depends on how organized it is after I put my gear in it.

Rugged Bound worked with me to design the battery hole and the two access panels so I can get into the drawers without opening them.

I wanted the access holes because when my trailer is connected I can’t open the barn door all the way, and I wanted to still be able to get things in and out of the drawers.

They made several versions of CAD drawings until we settled on what you see here - great process and easy to work with.

Probably took about two or three hours to bolt it all in - and I’ll spend another two or three getting the battery wired, fused, and the DCDC charger mounted like I want it.

Over all, this is one of the best drawer systems I’ve seen. Solid, uses original seat mount bolts / holes and the drawers are very sturdy.

That's incredible that they worked with you to customize that, awesome to see.

Thanks for the share Giovanni. Your rig is looking awesome!

Some questions on the drawer: The battery hatch is a standard add-on option to these drawers, Giovanni simply had to choose between driver or passenger side. It shortens one drawer.

The additional two hatches were custom add-ons for Giovanni. We try to keep custom items to a minimum as it increases the manufacturing floor process but these were very reasonable and easy to do modifications as the main drawer did not have to be changed. For Giovanni's use case these mods made complete sense so we were happy to make this happen for him and it turned out great!

I was really happy with the service and responsiveness, and the product itself is very good.

Theo @RuggedBound was awesome to work with.
I’ll echo that...I’m getting a single drawer and fridge deck for my GX470. Theo @RuggedBound has been fantastic to work with...excellent and timely communications, professional yet friendly.
Seeing the quality of the drawers is icing on the cake.

Last edited:
I keep going back and forth on wanting to do a drawer system, but the reality of losing the third row seat and maybe even the second row is my stumbling point.
Absolutely can't lose the second row because I still need to haul around family. Even the third row, albeit, not used much, on rare occasions I have had to use that also. So anything I do has to be quickly and easily removable.
But I love your drawer system Giovanni! 👍

The 2nd row seat is unaffected by this system. Full recline still works - that was a requirement for me as well.

The 2nd row seat is unaffected by this system. Full recline still works - that was a requirement for me as well.
So this may seam a stupid question :)doh:) but I assume your drawer system is not removable to access third row seats, they're gone.
Especially considering your second battery, correct?

I removed the 3rd row seats completely, and this draw setup bolts in using the same mounting holes/bolts that the 3rd row used.

This is reversible, but definitely not an "on the fly" change. I could remove the drawer system and reinstall the 3rd row seats - I'd estimate that to be a 1 - 2 hour task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom