Builds Giovanni’s 2016 460 build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had no idea the YotaWerx option existed, than you for making this known.

I reached out to them last night and they confirmed the availability of a tune for my 470, as well as the ability to modify it slightly with some datalogging to fit my particular engine and transmission mods. Hoping this will unlock some additional power due to headers and and an eventual catback. There are no tuners are in my area, so I'm going to get the flash kit and upload it myself later this year. This seems like a much better option that a sketchy online tune, or something like a MAPECU3 that requires lots of splicing of the OEM ECU harness and other DIY tuning work.

No link, but if you're interested, send them an email. Very responsive.
yotawerxtuning@gmail.com
Hate to be a bother, but a few more questions:
If no link, how did you find out about it?
Are there reviews?
Where are they located? (hopefully not China.)
And probably most important, how much?

Hate to be a bother, but a few more questions:
If no link, how did you find out about it?
Are there reviews?
Where are they located? (hopefully not China.)
And probably most important, how much?
I think I saw it on facebook - or maybe instagram.

They're in El Paso Texas.

Here's the email I got when I ordered:

YotaWerx Tuning GX460 NA 4.6L tune pack; 2016MY, ECU ID: 60X81

Please see attached for your tunes!

VFTuner software can be obtained by visiting VFTuner.com and downloading the software from the homepage.

Please be on the most up to date version of VFTuner when flashing your truck. After flashing your truck, please let it idle for 5-10 minutes or so while it begins to get some of the relearning process out of the way. For the initial 25-50 miles or so of driving, some oddities may be observed and this is generally considered normal due to the learned values resets that you will have performed as part of the tune flash procedure. It is usually recommended to cycle a full tank of fuel through the truck to fully let the tune settle, but you should have a firm idea of your impressions of the tune long before then.

We have also included a helpful tune guide supplement document that all of our tune pack customers receive when purchasing YotaWerx tunes. In addition, we have included the applicable TSB ECU update file for use with Toyota Techstream, in the event that your ECU requires updating.

For technical support, we can assist where possible if necessary, but forum.vftuner.com and TacomaWorld also have many helpful threads and informative individuals who have come across issues of their own and can frequently provide you assistance in a timely manner.

Enjoy your YotaWerx tune! As always, reviews are greatly appreciated.

Purchase details:

YotaWerx GX460 NA 4.6L tune pack + VFTuner flash kit bundle; 2016MY, ECU ID: 60X81
Total Invoice: $595.38
Invoice Status: Paid in Full

Thank you for your support. Please feel free to reach out with any questions,
The YotaWerx Team

--
The YotaWerx Tuning team
Christian and Marc

Wow, not cheap.
Although since you (Giovanni) purchased it along with you being an engineer and how methodical your build has been, I'd be inclined to respect your opinion on this product.

They were very straight about the expectations for power gains - on a naturally aspirated engine with no other real mods, you can't expect much. They told me they thought it was ~10hp peak gain, with larger gains in the midrange - and that's what it feels like to me.

Not at all like a pedal commander - it modifies the transmission response to pedal movement so the trans/engine work together better. That's the only way I can explain it. Pedal is still linear.

I've got a few hundred miles on it. They warned that you should not use the premium tune with regular fuel - pretty high risk of detonation/damage if you do. I suppose if I'm ever *stuck* somewhere and had no choice, I would just baby the throttle.

If you buy the OBD cable/kit, it is very easy to do yourself - so you could carry a laptop around and be able to easily switch back to regular fuel tune (or stock for that matter) if you needed to.

No link, but if you're interested, send them an email. Very responsive.

yotawerxtuning@gmail.com
Keep a bottle of octane booster in case you're stuck with crummy regular gas. I did that while on our road trip.

Keep a bottle of octane booster in case you're stuck with crummy regular gas. I did that while on our road trip.
I work close to El Paso and have been wanting to go check them out. 600 isn’t bad for the tune and flash kit. They have a lot of reviews on Facebook and people claim the tune is really good. Who knows?

I work close to El Paso and have been wanting to go check them out. 600 isn’t bad for the tune and flash kit. They have a lot of reviews on Facebook and people claim the tune is really good. Who knows?
I think they got the tune right - no drivability issues at all and the engine / transmission seem more in sync.

I think they got the tune right - no drivability issues at all and the engine / transmission seem more in sync.
Per their preamble, did you need to empty a tank of gas and put all that mileage on to start feeling/seeing a difference?

It definitely changed as I drove it - I could feel the difference right away, but subtle. I'm on the 3rd tank since I put the tune in and it seems like it has stabilized now.

The midrange power improvement is noticeable but not dramatic. The best part is the transmission behavior - it will hold to redline in first, and when you stomp on the throttle the downshift is immediate and multiple gears as needed to put the engine in the power band.

It definitely changed as I drove it - I could feel the difference right away, but subtle. I'm on the 3rd tank since I put the tune in and it seems like it has stabilized now.

The midrange power improvement is noticeable but not dramatic. The best part is the transmission behavior - it will hold to redline in first, and when you stomp on the throttle the downshift is immediate and multiple gears as needed to put the engine in the power band.
Sounds like some stoplight to stoplight racing? Maybe some of those 6 banger 4R's? 😁

Reactions: r2m
Thanks for sharing this. I’ve been eyeing their Tacoma supercharged tune for quite some time and noted they had a 460 tune in the works. I’m surprised those guys never made an announcement here letting us know it’s ready.

But not slow! LOL Could be worse, we could be stuck with that crappy 4R V6.
Perspective, I suppose... since this is my other car, I feel like it is still pretty slow. :)

IMG_2768.jpeg

IMG_3830.jpeg

IMG_3836.jpeg

Did you have to update to the latest ecu calibration using tech stream? Or did the tune support the one you already had? It’s somewhat of an issue over in the Tacoma forum. There’s probably a couple dozen different calibrations and it seems like yotawerx only supports about half of them… mostly the older ones.

I’m not sure who/when updated it. I checked the file status as the tune instructions stated and it matched so I went on with the tune file install.

YotaWerx sends an up to date stock file with the tune files so I assume would have been just as easy to flash that as it was to flash their tune file.

I’m not sure who/when updated it. I checked the file status as the tune instructions stated and it matched so I went on with the tune file install.

YotaWerx sends an up to date stock file with the tune files so I assume would have been just as easy to flash that as it was to flash their tune file.
Awesome. Ecu calibration had me worried… at least where to get the file, but that’s great they supply it. Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom