Gauging interest - 80 series Cloth Seat covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
um - heres what everyone wants - one brown option/ one grey option.........done

Agreed, two tone looks awesome. Though I'm still holding out on something more akin to the ICON seats with Chilewich inserts. Brown leather or vinyl on the headrest, back and sides and Sandbar colored Reed Chilewich on the insert. Would make a killing selling two tone covers with class and resiliency.

Ideally, you replace the seat cushion when you recover. That, I'm sure, will go a long way in improving comfort/support.

IMHO, there is absolutely no comparison between leather seats and cloth seats. Cloth is more comfortable, by far.

Yes I had the seat cushions replaced when I installed my covers from Frank. But I also have cloth in two 92s that blows away brand new leather seats.

If you like leather, cool. I like cloth.

Also, manual seats kick powered seats down the road. They sit at the appropriate height and give more leg and head room.

I am having a little trouble matching the color of my port install leather and really like the idea of cloth. My truck originally had cloth and the door panels actually have cloth still there under the leather. But i do worry about trying to keep it clean from sweat, sunblock slime, mud, dust and other gross crap often in my truck.

I have been approached by a few mudders asking if I could offer cloth seat covers kits for the 80 series, since the norm has always been Leather covers I hadnt really thought about offering a cloth option. So I wanted to see if there was some interest in these and the reasoning behind not going the leather route. I reached out to my Leather supplier and they said they can develop a set of cloth seat covers if need be. So my question is what colors in Cloth would you be interested in and do you have any pictures of your cloth interiors.

Let me know your thoughts.

Update 03/07/2017

Covers are for sale.. Land Cruiser Heaven 80 Series CLOTH Seat Covers
I would be interested. I will need at least new cloth for the driver seat now and at some point for all 8 seats. However, mine are not the typical grey, I have attached a picture (it is a -97). I have been looking for the cloth as well as an interior door panel for the right back door which has the same cloth but with no luck

cloth.JPG

Hi Felix. ..you're just across the water from me. do you have a Spanish 80 ?

Thread revival
I have finally developed a new type of replacement cloth seat cover for the 80 series. These are made of high quality durable canvas type material that is very resistant to mud/water and easy to clean. So for those that dont want leather but still want a new replacement cover here is your option. You will get the high quality fitment you would expect from a Land Cruiser Heaven seat cover. Available in Dark Brown, Black, Dark Grey or Camo Green. Logo
optional.

61B0DC34-912B-4880-954B-10A7E0FD1583.jpeg
67F3140F-E9B6-4F37-A774-57F181FF3E52.jpeg
DFE2C393-393D-4D5C-9D23-0B0EFFF358AA.jpeg
CFF96CB4-F1A3-46DD-AAFF-0CC4C2E29514.jpeg
D173B55B-BEE3-47CC-919C-276232242718.jpeg

Can send you pictures of them if you would like. If you want a swatch It would have to come from the factory. PM me your email.

Available in Dark Brown, Black, Dark Grey or Camo Green. RL]

What color is pictured? I'm guessing dark brown, but it looks kinda grey on my monitor.

Well..that won't help with color matching the interior. Maybe you should see about obtaining some scrap material for swatches???

Regardless, didn't see any gray on your site.
What color is pictured? I'm guessing dark brown, but it looks kinda grey on my monitor.
Yeah would love a picture of the grey! Doesnt need to be a seat cover, just a picture showing the color.

Will get some pictures of the grey and post them up.

Would have liked this on mine before i replaced the leather. Maybe i will do it on the next rig . Def think this is an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom