Gas PRICES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was in Wickenberg today $3.09 GAL Mobil.Cost $20.00 to drive there in the 60 the.Tonight I saw this .The last time people cut back on gas or only got gas on certain days the major companies didn't care because they new we wold buy the product later.So how about this Idea let stop buying gas from just the 2 largest gas companys EXXON & MOBIL.Think about this say I tell this to 60 club members you guys tell 10 people each 60x10=600
not bad they do it again 600x10=6000 x10=60000x10=6000000x10-6,000,000 x10=
60,000,000,x5=300,000,000 that should be about it.That would cause somebody to maybe lower prices .But it sure would show the powers to be the potential we the people forget we have
Anyway sounds cool rant over:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

LOL, mind telling me where to buy gas then...... http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/

Personally I think it's silly to try and effect gas prices in a free market, if i don't buy it someone else will..Until we have enough alternitive energy cars & trucks out there we'll continue taking it in the ass from big oil..It's sad to me that we could have done this(and should have done this) back in the 1970's when OPEC first flexed their economic muscle at us, I'm sure some of you remeber that(I wasn't born yet) E85 is a great start, hybrid e85 will be even better, I just wish that when we do free ourselves from Middle Eastern oil, I wish they would feel the sting, but they won't China will take up the slack and buy their oil with money people in the US spent on cheap ass chinesse crap..

I prefer Chevron, Seem to get the best Gas Milage with them compaired to everyone else. Arco seems to provide the worst fuel milage. on avg. I get 305mpt in my Taco from Chevron, and about 250MPT from Arco. So you really dont save that much when all is said and done. I just paid $2.75 yesterday morning. 101 and 51st Ave. I do agree that we shouldent be paying so much. Id rather have not went to war and gas prices stayed at $1.30 than go to war for almost nothing and now pay $3.00 a gallon. The kicker of it all.... The War runs off of DIESEL equipment. using Diesel Fuel.. not Gasoline. so whys Gasoline up so high? what do they do, Ship millions of gallons a month over to the soldiers? Why not use whats over there... ??? There is no need for us to have such high prices over here when they are in the heart of oil fields. :censor: OPEC!

Dont like gas prices:crybaby: :crybaby:

Sell your junk and buy a bike

Sell ALL your junk and move to Venezuela (.14/gal) and live on the beach

Buy oil stock to offset the rising oil cost

Dont see you all bitching about how much equity you gained in your house in the last 3 years. Seems to be a pretty good trade off in my book.

When I was in Tucson last week I got Costco gas at $2.52, when I got back to California it was $2.97 so you Arizonians still have some slack. The fact is WE have brought China and Russia into the western world and now we have to share our gas with them. I don't think anyone realized just how good communism was for America.

Michael

$2.66 at Costco this A.M.

Maybe so we have more equity in our homes... but if we want to buy a new house (which one would have to do if one sold property) you have to pay 3 times more to buy the newer house.. giving you no advantage except having the same mortage payment you had on your old house, and you now pay for another 30 years.
Fuel prices went up 100% how much of a raise did we get last year to off set this hike?
1-5% if were lucky. and its not just fuel... its everyting. going from 50-300 a month for fuel to 150-600 a month, is about 600-3600 per year to cover 1 to 2 cars at 1.50 a gallon at 3.00 its 1800-7200 dollars. + the hike of utilities and intrest rates,etc, thats a very large increase in the time frame of only one year.

And the result of very small increases over the last 30.

-Spike

equity

If the house's in your area have gone up in value and you live in it.and want to stay there then your even if you don't count property tax ,capitol gains ,realty commisions and interest paid unless ,if you move to a cheaper location you can use your equity.On the other hand if you rent one of your house's to somebody else AND THE VALUE DOUBLES +
and you can raise the rent WELL THAT'S EQUITY
AND next year when gas is $4.25 gal, and it will be and it cost me$35.00 to go to wickenberg.I'll still go in my junk but the good thing there will be less traffic and higher rents:beer: :beer: :beer:

I usually never buy gas from the big guys anyways. I think their whole additive angle is a bunch of BS anyways, not to mention the price is alwys higher. Plus, I like to support the little guys

there is no little guy, unless you know someone refining gas in theyre backyard and selling it.

seems like most americans dont understand free market and capitolosim. two of the things that built this country. like phil said, if you you dont like the way things are you need to change the way you do things because things arent going to change for you.
quit bitchin people and pay the price, or,,, open a station and show us all how you can sell gas cheaper.

I don't care if it goes to 5 bucks I wil still drive :)

Besides isn't it our job to use up all the gas so we can find an alternative?

If you want to make yourself feel better know that gas costs twice as much in the land of my birth (England) as it does here and that there is no wheeling there either!

Michael

World gas prices

Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48
Norway Oslo $6.27
Italy Milan $5.96
Denmark Copenhagen $5.93
Belgium Brussels $5.91
Sweden Stockholm $5.80
United Kingdom London $5.79
Germany Frankfurt $5.57
France Paris $5.54
Portugal Lisbon $5.35
Hungary Budapest $4.94
Luxembourg $4.82
Croatia Zagreb $4.81
Ireland Dublin $4.78
Switzerland Geneva $4.74
Spain Madrid $4.55
Japan Tokyo $4.24
Czech Republic Prague $4.19
Romania Bucharest $4.09
Andorra $4.08
Estonia Tallinn $3.62
Bulgaria Sofia $3.52
Brazil Brasilia $3.12
Cuba Havana $3.03
Taiwan Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
South Africa Johannesburg $2.62
Nicaragua Managua $2.61
Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

which tells you that gas prices have nothing to do with the market (then all countries would be above the price of cruide oil), but everything to do with politics

although I never like price increases, I am with Phil on this one - walk, bike or take the bus if you really want to see an effect in your pocketbook.

as far as wheeling is concerned: where can you get entertainment and enjoyment for under $3 an hour (figuring 1 gallon per hour of wheeling)?

desertdude said:
I don't care if it goes to 5 bucks I wil still drive :)

Besides isn't it our job to use up all the gas so we can find an alternative?
Same here, and I agree... It's going to take a huge hike in the prices of gas for the US public to change it's way... E85 and biodiesel seem like great alternitives to me, for one it wouldn't really change the way we already do thing and 2 it's renewable..For fxxx sake Brazil changed from using imported oil to distilling ethanol about 10 years ago, why can't we? I mean don't we(the us tax payer) pay farmers to NOT grow stuff? Wouldn't it be nice to not have to pay them to not grow stuff and instead let them grow sugarbeats or something to make either ethanol or biodiesel instead?
I think half the people on this board would rather have a diesel under the hood of there cruisers...

DSRTRDR said:
which tells you that gas prices have nothing to do with the market (then all countries would be above the price of cruide oil), but everything to do with politics
That's not exactly true, those low priced counties are oil producers & the high priced countries have enormous amounts of taxes added on to the price of each gallon of gas sold...Also don't we give Japan a huge discount on the price of cude oil from Alaska(something to do with the rebuilding or Japan after WWII)

Relix said:
That's not exactly true, those low priced counties are oil producers & the high priced countries have enormous amounts of taxes added on to the price of each gallon of gas sold...Also don't we give Japan a huge discount on the price of cude oil from Alaska(something to do with the rebuilding or Japan after WWII)

I thought Taxes were politics? and discounts/subsidies, too?

Even the spread of prices in the higher priced countries tells you that there is a lot of profiteering going on here.

DSRTRDR said:
I thought Taxes were politics? and discounts/subsidies, too?
I guess you could call adding double the price of a gallon of gas in taxes politics, but I can't imagine that would win you any elections...

DSRTRDR said:
Even the spread of prices in the higher priced countries tells you that there is a lot of profiteering going on here.
Define profiteering do you mean by governments or by big oil?

If making a 9% margin is profiteering, what would you consider buying a beer at a bar?(hint a bar makes 83% profit on each bottle beer it sells)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom