Gas mileage on an FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

think I get up around 12mpg with my F with 36" tires till my speedo cable broke. didn't feel like fixing it till I got the transplant done. I have had it down to 9mpg but tuning and getting rid of the points helped a lot. Know having bedliner inside and out will weigh me down a bit, plus the rough texture is going to fight the wind. But I had to do it :flipoff2:

TonkaC

14-15 mpg on studded snow tires now with 4WD engaged most of the time. 17-19 mpg (well, mostly 17) on summer ats. 29 1/2 inch tires.

Try a search on the topic. We hit on it some time ago and there was a large response with good data.

from 8-17 jusy depends on the motor, the driver, the state of tune, the size of tires, the gears ect ect..........

my 92 fj80 loaded with all the crap, 35's and 4.88's gets 8mpg.....tops out at 10mpg.........down hill with a wind behind it ;)

It's kind a like having two teenage daughters and a wife that doesn't work. The tank (wallet)empties quicker than you would like.

I'm getting better since I fixed my exahust. About 15MPG on the average.

Do yourself a favor and don't figure it. If mileage is your thing it seems to me that a Rambler ALWAYS won the Mobile Economy Run, with a gallon of gas sitting on the dash...Oh and no seat belts. That's how OLD I am.
Ed Long ;)

13mpg on a freshly rebuilt 2f that's not quite broke in yet, and with a carb that I know needs to take a trip to Jim C. Stock gears and 33-9.5's.

My F got about 7mpg anytime I was over 45 mph w/ 33's.
My folks' motorhome w/4 bolt bb 454 gets ~10.

A full tank of gas on the freeway lasted about an hour and 15 minutes.

[quote author=willsta2000 link=board=1;threadid=11024;start=msg99582#msg99582 date=1075960925]
My F got about 7mpg anytime I was over 45 mph w/ 33's.
My folks' motorhome w/4 bolt bb 454 gets ~10.

A full tank of gas on the freeway lasted about an hour and 15 minutes.
[/quote]

Wow...looks like I'll stick with my 80..although buying an 40 to sit next to my 80 would be nice..

Best I've ever done is 14MPG....that was with a tail wind and doing a steady 50mph. average is about 11.5 to 12. This with a 350 and 35's. Considering the aerodynamics and the drag, this isn't so bad really. I never got it for the mileage! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom