Gamiviti 200 series products & solutions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was actually really easy, I removed the speaker held in place with 2 x 10mm bolts, soldered the wires together from the USB chargers so that I would have only a single pos/neg wire running to the fuse panel and made a quick disconnect for the wires up by the speaker for removal of the mount if needed.

I found that once the speaker is out of the way, you can drop the pos/neg wires straight down in the void behind the radio and then start fishing the wires over to the fuse panel that is located under the steering wheel. Behind the the gas tank open lever.

I had to remove the start button panel and the plastic panels under the steering wheel to be able to route the cable. It was not hard, just have to go slow so that you don't damage any existing wires or mess with that airbag under the steering wheel.

Then i used these Micro fuse adapters in the link below and I believe I ran the adapter out of the 15amp fuse location for the power inverter. If you look towards the engine bay side of that fuse panel, there is a small 10mm screw around the back of the fuse panel that is grounded and holds the metal brackets together. It is a tight fight but you can remove the screw and slip a ring around it and tighten the screw. That is where i ran my ground wire to.

I will crawl up under the steering wheel tomorrow and snap a few pics along with some pics of all the screens that block my view of the road now.

: )

Amazon product ASIN B07T8LRSH7
Wow! That was super detailed. Thanks!

Wow! That was super detailed. Thanks!
yeah, sorry if it was too much... LOL : ) That is one thing I have noticed with the LXs in these "forums". There is not enough pictures, details or instructions. No one really wants to take the time to post the "in process" pictures or they end up leaving their vehicle with one of the off road fab/builders to do the job.

I did my ARB bumper on my LX a few weeks ago and that was difficult because there was not much to look at on the internet, except a few pictures. But no hints or decent instructions.

1674585217653.png

Last edited:
yeah, sorry if it was too much... LOL : ) That is one thing I have noticed with the LXs in these "forums". There is not enough pictures, details or instructions. No one really wants to take the time to post the "in process" pictures or they end up leaving their vehicle with one of the off road fab/builders to do the job.

I did my ARB bumper on my LX a few weeks ago and that was difficult because there was not much to look at on the internet, except a few pictures. But no hints or decent instructions.

View attachment 3228408
Nice yours looks real similar to mine. No jumper at this time but installed the Gamiviti roof rack and Slee sliders

View attachment 3228408
What hood mounted ditch light brackets are those? I have two BD squadron pros that I am considering putting in that location.

What hood mounted ditch light brackets are those? I have two BD squadron pros that I am considering putting in that location.
I believe they are the CBI brackets for the 2013 Land Cruiser. I used a heat gun to melt the plastic cowl around the mount. Had to do one side at time because as you heat up the plastic cowl you have to slowly close the hood to get the plastic to form around the bracket. its not the prettiest to look at, but no one can see when the hood is closed.
1674625420391.png

08 200 LC here, and I'm a bit confused with this dashboard accessory cover. Sorry if these are dumb questions, I figured this would be a dummy proof install. I popped the original speaker cover off without any issue, but then the trouble started

1) How does this round sensor thing mount in the Gamiviti? The original speaker cover has a plastic piece it clips into. The Gamiviti just has a much bigger metal hole which just leaves it floating not attached to anything. I also broke one of the clips on the sensor if anybody has the part number or name i can order a new one.

IMG_9887.jpeg
IMG_9885.jpeg

2) Another part I thought would be dummy proof was clipping the Gamiviti in. The clips don'y appear to me to at all be in the same place as the factory clips. The factory cover has 3 big clips inset on the side, and 1 on the front (towards the cabin). The Gamiviti just has a bunch of little tabs all the way around the outer edge. I tried forward and back and even rotating 180, cant find anywhere they clip into.

IMG_9888.jpeg
IMG_9890.jpeg
IMG_9891.jpeg

08 200 LC here, and I'm a bit confused with this dashboard accessory cover. Sorry if these are dumb questions, I figured this would be a dummy proof install. I popped the original speaker cover off without any issue, but then the trouble started

1) How does this round sensor thing mount in the Gamiviti? The original speaker cover has a plastic piece it clips into. The Gamiviti just has a much bigger metal hole which just leaves it floating not attached to anything. I also broke one of the clips on the sensor if anybody has the part number or name i can order a new one.

View attachment 3229660View attachment 3229651

2) Another part I thought would be dummy proof was clipping the Gamiviti in. The clips don'y appear to me to at all be in the same place as the factory clips. The factory cover has 3 big clips inset on the side, and 1 on the front (towards the cabin). The Gamiviti just has a bunch of little tabs all the way around the outer edge. I tried forward and back and even rotating 180, cant find anywhere they clip into.

View attachment 3229661View attachment 3229662View attachment 3229663
You need the re use the plastic cover and install the gamiviti plate on top. You remove the speaker screen from the plastic cover. Search Gamiviti on you tube and there is a sweet install video. That plastic club you need to press in the tab with a rally narrow punch or pencil.

You need the re use the plastic cover and install the gamiviti plate on top. You remove the speaker screen from the plastic cover. Search Gamiviti on you tube and there is a sweet install video. That plastic club you need to press in the tab with a rally narrow punch or pencil.
*to *clip

View attachment 3229660View attachment 3229651

View attachment 3229661View attachment 3229662View attachment 3229663

Try taking a look at this youtube video to see if it helps: 2008 LC200 Gamiviti Install Video

HTH

Try taking a look at this youtube video to see if it helps: 2008 LC200 Gamiviti Install Video

HTH
Much appreciated that makes a lot more sense. A little more involved than the 10 minutes I was trying to squeeze this into. Also I was planning on just putting it in with nothing mounted, but after watching I should really do painting and mounts all prior to installing. Thanks for the info guys

I've really enjoyed mine. I was originally also going to remove the mounting balls, but in practice, I use it every time I drive to clip my phone to. It has unexpectedly become one of my most used accessories. Highly recommended mod!

A few more questions

1) What is the accessory rail shown in these pics? Doesn't look like anything I see on RAM's website. 67 Designs perhaps? Also, just curious in general what mounts are the forum favorites? I currently have no mounts, so I haven't yet bought into any system yet.....so Im open to brands. iPad holder and USB-A and USB-C ports would be my 1st priority. Probably want to add a ICOM or similar HAM radio in the future, but currently I'm still just using a portable BAOFENG.

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 6.46.05 AM.png

2) Paint...any suggestions or tips here? I was planning to just scratch/sand/clean a bit, then self etching primer and a semi-gloss automotive black. I also considered wrapping in 3M vinyl instead, but then I gotta re-poke all those holes. Also was wondering if something like a bedliner material would hold up better to scratches and wear than paint. Or did others just get powdercoated and move on?

3) What are these for?

IMG_9894.jpeg

A few more questions

1) What is the accessory rail shown in these pics? Doesn't look like anything I see on RAM's website. 67 Designs perhaps? Also, just curious in general what mounts are the forum favorites? I currently have no mounts, so I haven't yet bought into any system yet.....so Im open to brands. iPad holder and USB-A and USB-C ports would be my 1st priority. Probably want to add a ICOM or similar HAM radio in the future, but currently I'm still just using a portable BAOFENG.

View attachment 3230007

2) Paint...any suggestions or tips here? I was planning to just scratch/sand/clean a bit, then self etching primer and a semi-gloss automotive black. I also considered wrapping in 3M vinyl instead, but then I gotta re-poke all those holes. Also was wondering if something like a bedliner material would hold up better to scratches and wear than paint. Or did others just get powdercoated and move on?

3) What are these for?

View attachment 3230008
The rail looks like the Yakattack mounting rail. That's what I used.
image.jpg

Yakattack has their own removable ball system that is Ram compatible.

Most of my mount stuff is Ram and I use Quadlock for devices.

I have a 3d printed mount from Etsy for my Baofeng. Baofeng UV5R Ram Mount for Car Truck UTV - Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/listing/1275879821/baofeng-uv5r-ram-mount-for-car-truck-utv?click_key=e09c9d4f185a2f61f9b61528981897ef64d701aa%3A1275879821&click_sum=d51d7626&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=baofeng+ram+mount&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&frs=1&sts=1

That location works ok for the factory antenna, but the longer whip (19.2"?) antennas don't fot well, so I am looking to add an additional Ram ball at a lower spot for it.

I scuffed with a 3M pad, cleaned with acetone, and sprayed with several light coats of SEM trim black I had laying around. Flat seemed like a better idea for glare issues. But I mostly did it because that was what I had handy. I am a sucky painter.

Last edited:
The rail looks like the Yakattack mounting rail. That's what I used.
View attachment 3230014

Yakattack has their own removable ball system that is Ram compatible.

Most of my mount stuff is Ram and I use Xlock for devices.

I have a 3d printed mount from Etsy for my Baofeng.

I scuffed with a 3M pad, cleaned with acetone, and sprayed with several light coats of SEM trim black I had laying around. Flat seemed like a better idea for glare issues. But I mostly did it because that was what I had handy. I am a sucky painter.
Nice looking setup! I forgot about Yakattack, looks like the 9" versions to me?

Are the balls and phone mount all the same brand? Have you been happy in general with their product offerings? What are the 2 component's on the back center and right side?

Ball is Yakattack

Arm is Ram

Phone mount is Quadlock

I have been happy with all of them.

There are two dual usb power points and a Dual GPS receiver. I use it with my wifi only iPad mini for navigation (not happy with it, but it is what I have. I'd buy a cellular version iPad mini if I did it again for the integrated GPS that the wifi version doesn't have).

Much appreciated that makes a lot more sense. A little more involved than the 10 minutes I was trying to squeeze this into. Also I was planning on just putting it in with nothing mounted, but after watching I should really do painting and mounts all prior to installing. Thanks for the info guys
I was originally thinking I'd just leave mine bare metal, but once I put it in position it was clear that black was the way to go if only to reduce the reflected image on the windshield. I also put some brush-on black touch up paint on the track mount's stainless steel screws for the same reason.

I'm no expert when it comes to painting, but for the panel I just used a couple spray coats of AEV textured black automotive touch up paint, and it worked out great.

The rail does measure 9".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom