Gamiviti 200 series products & solutions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Order placed for an olive kit and a speaker grill.

Thanks @nakman
Hey right on, thanks for the order and thanks again everyone here for the continued support. I've got all the bags in stock now except for gray, which is like 2 weeks out... so if you had a back order on something and haven't seen it yet, please let me know (PM's, email, etc.) Everything else in this thread is in stock now also (speaker grills, 3rd row mounts, yes even roof racks)

I've got one more bag idea cooking with my bag guys also, will be another 200-specific application. Although like the tailgate bags it too will be a bag so should be able to be used anywhere. Hoping for a first prototype in about 2 weeks (with the gray tailgate bags) then a January launch on that one... stay tuned! :cheers:

Thanks @nakman for great communication and service on my order! I’m impressed with the quality of the new tailgate bags. I haven’t installed the speaker grill yet, as I am still plotting how to set it up.

Can’t wait to see that new bag you have in the works!

Gamiviti taking organization to the next level.
061FA0EF-4457-4B6C-8F7A-691D6A7C5875.jpeg

Gamiviti taking organization to the next level.
Nice! Can you please post links to the velcro labels? I've tried finding some, but my Google-Fu hasn't been working well on those. I still need to decide what I'm going to put in mine.

Blue Ridge Overland Gear sells the labels, as do a bajillion different people on Etsy.

Thanks. Here's a link in case anyone else is looking:

Wanted to put a few pics on this thread for the LX 570 guys 2009-2015... I have a 2013. Pretty neat creation/product from Tim...
Don't worry I did not take the pics while driving. : )

Once the rest of the RAM mounts arrive, I will post a few more pics.

Looks fantastic! Was there a place to plug your camera into the factory entertainment system?

I put the dash panel in the 2018 LX about a week ago. The USB port is in place, but not connected to anything until I get into some electrical work in the next couple of months (going to swap in a Group 31 FLA battery, and add some kind of charging solution in the rear cargo area quarter panel).

PXL_20230122_193838997.jpg

The phone holder is rock solid -- I clip in the top end of my phone, and the bottom end is held against the leather trim of the dash. The phone screen is just below the hoodline from my perspective. I drive with the OEM screen turned off 99% of the time, but this position still allows me to see it for use of the backup camera, etc.

PXL_20230122_193910254.jpg

Finished adding all my 67 designs Amps plates and everything is wired up and ready thanks to the crew at Slee. Running iPad mini, garmin in reach mini and a magnetic mic adapter to hold my midland mxt 275 microphone. Plan to leave it as show below for normal driving and add a mag safe adapter to be able to charge via apple mag safe charging pad. Then when headed out on trips I will have the full set up for navigation and communication. Was thinking of having the stock speaker panel ready so I can switch back and fort but now having it installed for a few days I kinda like the look and having those extra charge ports ready to go whenever needed. I keep all my 67 designs arms stored in one place so I can add them whenever needed. Having the Amps plates with 20mm balls makes this process very easy.
3AD82510-DFD7-491E-A32B-3D42F31087BF.jpeg

Wanted to put a few pics on this thread for the LX 570 guys 2009-2015... I have a 2013. Pretty neat creation/product from Tim...
Don't worry I did not take the pics while driving. : )
View attachment 3223832View attachment 3223833
Once the rest of the RAM mounts arrive, I will post a few more pics.
Looks great! Where did you wire the USBs to? I can’t make up my mind.

Looks fantastic! Was there a place to plug your camera into the factory entertainment system?
My Camera is a Garmin 67 something or another and I bought an adapter off of amazon that allowed me to plug an inline adapter in with the power from the mirror. I could not find an "exact model" for the 2013 LX570, so I rolled the dice on the 2020 4unner model, and it worked.... : )

Link below.
Amazon product ASIN B08TW2R2S3

Looks great! Where did you wire the USBs to? I can’t make up my mind.
It was actually really easy, I removed the speaker held in place with 2 x 10mm bolts, soldered the wires together from the USB chargers so that I would have only a single pos/neg wire running to the fuse panel and made a quick disconnect for the wires up by the speaker for removal of the mount if needed.

I found that once the speaker is out of the way, you can drop the pos/neg wires straight down in the void behind the radio and then start fishing the wires over to the fuse panel that is located under the steering wheel. Behind the the gas tank open lever.

I had to remove the start button panel and the plastic panels under the steering wheel to be able to route the cable. It was not hard, just have to go slow so that you don't damage any existing wires or mess with that airbag under the steering wheel.

Then i used these Micro fuse adapters in the link below and I believe I ran the adapter out of the 15amp fuse location for the power inverter. If you look towards the engine bay side of that fuse panel, there is a small 10mm screw around the back of the fuse panel that is grounded and holds the metal brackets together. It is a tight fight but you can remove the screw and slip a ring around it and tighten the screw. That is where i ran my ground wire to.

I will crawl up under the steering wheel tomorrow and snap a few pics along with some pics of all the screens that block my view of the road now.

: )

Amazon product ASIN B07T8LRSH7

As promised. The Fuse Panel, with the hidden grounded bolt at the back of the panel used for grounding. And I really think i can shove more screens in front of my face... View attachment 3227457View attachment 3227458

View attachment 3227456
To be clear, does this fuse tap disable the inverter for the rear AC power plug, or just tap off of the same circuit?

And what does one need to make a quick disconnect? Some 16 AWG wire and... some kind of attachment that is soldered onto it?

Apologies for the elementary questions -- I understand AC electrical wiring fairly well, but this DC stuff is new to me.

To be clear, does this fuse tap disable the inverter for the rear AC power plug, or just tap off of the same circuit?

And what does one need to make a quick disconnect? Some 16 AWG wire and... some kind of attachment that is soldered onto it?

Apologies for the elementary questions -- I understand AC electrical wiring fairly well, but this DC stuff is new to me.
Those fuse taps plug into one fuse location and have 2 fuse holders. One of the fuses takes the original fuse and handles the original circuit. The other fuse is for the new (tapped) circuit. So the original circuit will be fully functional. Note that direction is important - if you plug the tap in the wrong way the fuse for the fuse for the tapped circuit will be bypassed because the wire for the tapped circuit will be connected directly to the power source for the fuse socket rather than being fed through the fuse. I believe the original circuit will still be fused either way. Also make sure the original fuse is plugged into the correct socket on the tap unit, assuming it's a bigger fuse (15A) than the fuse for the tapped circuit - if the other way around, it's probably not a good idea to be tapping that circuit as the wiring probably won't be sufficient for a larger load. I try to only use fuse tap circuits for low current purposes or for triggering a relay that will have power from a thicker wire connected to the battery (and appropriately fused) to supply power to the load.

For the quick disconnect, there are tons of options. It could be as simple as a set of male/female quick disconnects or something much fancier like a Weatherpack or Molex connector. My personal preference would be for a smaller Weatherpack style connector, but it seems relatively difficult to find something with similar temperature ratings and quality. Make sure anything you go with is rated for beyond the temperatures the inside of a car can get to in the summer. I was initially planning on setting my wiring up with quick disconnects so I could quickly swap back to the factory speaker grill. But the more I thought about it, there just isn't much reason to do so and I decided to not go with quick disconnects.

I used insulated spade and matching female connectors. reverse the one for the ground (male spade on the source side), and that kind of polarizes them so you don't plug them in the wrong way.

1674500508021.png

The tap passes through the same circuit, hence the use of two fuses. So you can pull power from that fuse slot and still use the AC power plug.
1674500798105.png

Quick disconnects are your typical heat shrink adapters Tab A in Slot B kinda thing.
1674500883755.png

Using solder is up to you. Crimps work just fine. I like to solder because I can... : )

I really like to use these Solder Seal Wire Connectors if i have time to slow down and use a heat gun. Clean and no mess.
1674501021752.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom