Ga. Cruisers Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Her picture is sooo much more bad A$$! Looks like it's rolled but Woody is fully calm and collected just wondering when that tire is gonna touch down. NICE!

Sid, how long before or after this happened was it that you spotted me off that cliff? I swear I must be JUST outta view on these shots... Well, the cover shot anyway - I woulda been over the top of the hill on that one precipice.

I think you are right Steve, I think you were in your truck playing, while we were all just standing around watching you two (you and Georg). I can't remember were these pictures before or after Georg did roll?

The picture on the TT cover makes it look like his spare tire was stopping (or delaying) him from rolling backwards...

I don't think I knew about him rolling. I knew he got yanked out of a few very touchy situations a few times, but don't remember a roll; was it right there? If so, I wasn't out of my truck for very long to see any of that action. I wanted to try that area they were all playing in but I didn't feel like waiting around for a turn when there were endless other areas to play on while they all sat in one place.

Yea, he did roll. I was in my truck when it happened, but when I got out, I saw Toploader trying to push/pull them back over. It was in same spot, just on the left side of the ditch.

Anyone recommend a local gas tank repair place? I don't want to line the tank, as most of it looks good. There's just one small pinhole leak.

Anyone recommend a local gas tank repair place? I don't want to line the tank, as most of it looks good. There's just one small pinhole leak.

hey Trev, where ya been?

I've used the $6 gas tank repair putty you can get at Autozone or wherever. Lasted a couple years before it started to seep (appeared damp around the repair) a little so reapplied and seems to be holding.

Ted, I've been working on my Celica in the evenings. I just changed jobs so I haven't had much free time.

I didn't mention that I already tried to JBWeld it. The leak slowed from a drip, to a seep. That's not good enough as it's stinking-up my house with gasoline fumes. I would flush it and weld it myself, but a co-worker (and CWI) told me too many horror stories of gas tank repairs gone wrong.

Ted, I've been working on my Celica in the evenings. I just changed jobs so I haven't had much free time.

I didn't mention that I already tried to JBWeld it. The leak slowed from a drip, to a seep. That's not good enough as it's stinking-up my house with gasoline fumes. I would flush it and weld it myself, but a co-worker (and CWI) told me too many horror stories of gas tank repairs gone wrong.

I used a Hi-Lift on the passenger side to get gas below the pin-hole, or, you could empty the tank to do the same. Allow to sit for a few hours so it can dry out before patching. Either way you have to get it dry inside and out.

I then cleaned an area about 2" radius around the hole, don't think I need to say this but: DO NOT USE A GRINDER or anything that will spark!!!!!:eek::eek:

Pack in the sealant really well and allow to dry thoroughly before dropping the off the jack.

WTF Ted. All I heard this week at GSMTR was that Ted keeps breaking crap and putting the same used crap back in. I must have been approached by 20 people if not 1. Ted have you realized your giving Toyota a bad name? Your broken parts are all over the southeast and your reputation is as big as Dans head and don't get me started on Henry. Let's just say he was not impressed you showing him right like that.

So what's the secret?

wait what?

WTF Ted. All I heard this week at GSMTR was that Ted keeps breaking crap and putting the same used crap back in. I must have been approached by 20 people if not 1. Ted have you realized your giving Toyota a bad name? Your broken parts are all over the southeast and your reputation is as big as Dans head and don't get me started on Henry. Let's just say he was not impressed you showing him right like that.

So what's the secret?

I'm slowly spreading the ashes of my truck around and in a thousand years or so my junk will be dug up and they will say "Ted was here...and over there, and over here" :flipoff2:

My broken junk has been minor relatively speaking, 2 birfs (1 left, 1 right) and 1 R&P. The timing for each has just been perty crappy...15 minutes in, I break. That's happened the last 3 times. The birfs just wore out and we had spares on hand so in they went. The R&P was a result of crappy setup skills - my own, so I'll just have take that one.

That said, I did wheel the junk and not a moped. :flipoff2:

As far as Dan's head size, I'll not touch that one thank you. I'm not even gonna ask how you know :hmm:

Last edited:
The true way to correctly fix it is to drop the tank drain all the gas out then fill with water. Then empty and let dry ,This dissipates all the gas fumes then do the repair !!!! That is the same thing the rad n fuel tank shop do in town !!!

blah blah blah blah blah, true though. :D

speaking of hendog, did anyone get the hot lap we did right before the blandfold race, that was a frigging experience.

speaking of hendog, did anyone get the hot lap we did right before the blindfold race, that was a frigging experience.
Didn't get it. But I think, from the look on your face at the end, maybe you should've worn Dave's helmet instead of that bike helmet... and maybe some body armor and a 5-point harness too. :rolleyes:

Since this is chat I can post this right? :hmm:

Look what rolled off the truck today...
lowe-toyota-albums-frs-picture22490-imag0333.jpg

lowe-toyota-albums-frs-picture22491-imag0334.jpg

lowe-toyota-albums-frs-picture22492-imag0335.jpg

I want one of those, but would have to lose the Fiat = not gonna happen.

Sweet looking!

I want one of those, but would have to lose the Fiat = not gonna happen.

Sweet looking!

That thing is awesome. If there was room for a car seat... and it could tow a mini... and... well, there's too many ands. I can assure you that it won't be here long. They just dropped it off and someone is already looking at buying it. :D

Side Note: If you've seen the latest issue of Motor Trend, they just put the FR-S and BRZ (Subaru twin) up against the field of inexpensive rear drive coupes and they finished 1-2! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom