FZJ80 Bumpers Compatible w/ LX450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been scouring the internet and have found nothing. Maybe there's an ih8mud thread on it but I am yet to find it. Looking for a OEM bumper to put on the rear, cause I am not ready to drop $1500 on a bumper yet. My buddy has an LX450 rear bumper for sale? Is it a direct fit or am I better off waiting it out for an 80 series bumper to hit craigslist?

Thanks in advance,
Jay

There is no rear bumper on an 80. There's some plastic/tin/tupperwear endcaps, what you think of as the bumper is actually the rear frame member, at least on an 80. Not sure if the lx450 is the same or if there are decorative bits to make the rear frame member look pretty.

cheers,
george.

There is no rear bumper on an 80. There's some plastic/tin/tupperwear endcaps, what you think of as the bumper is actually the rear frame member, at least on an 80. Not sure if the lx450 is the same or if there are decorative bits to make the rear frame member look pretty.

cheers,
george.
I appreciate the response, I know FJs have the end caps and the step plate that ride on the rear frame, but I'm curious if the LX is the same. You know us new guys always :deadhorse:

They should fit but they’re not the same. The LX bumper is just a little “bigger” than the land cruiser variant that I’ve seen. Plus, the colors are a little different, in my experience.

If it really is a buddy, have him give it to you so you can try it on and see how it works / looks. If it don't work out, just give it back.

Lexus has a cover over the steel bumper portion. Other than that it should fit on the Landcruiser. You might need the frame brackets as well.

It will fit. The 2 end pieces on the LX are a little bigger to accommodate the larger center piece section with the step plate that also covers the pindle holes of the rear cross member.

It will fit. The 2 end pieces on the LX are a little bigger to accommodate the larger center piece section with the step plate that also covers the pindle holes of the rear cross member.

Is it gonna look... off?

No it'll just look like this in whatever color it is.
Rear bumper - silver.JPG

I appreciate the feedback boys 😎🍺
Wondering if you ever installed the LX center bumper cover and if you have photos? Did you need to swap out the left and right plastic bumper corners to the LX ones too, or did your land cruiser ones work with the LX center bumper cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom