Fuel lines rusted and leaking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sly

Threads
Hope you guys can help. I ordered these 3 fuel lines from the dealer (thanks @beno for your help) (picture attached) and plan to take my ‘96 land cruiser to a shop close by to have them replaced because Ryan said prob not good idea to drive it the hour to him. I learned from a guy on Mud that I will prob have to drop the fuel tank. The shop, London Auto Services in Falls Church, has good reviews and they said they do a lot of fuel lines and they do a lot of work on old cars and seem to be good people. They also warned me about chasing prob after problem on my old truck:( However, they haven’t done fuel lines on this truck and since they don’t know this truck as well as you guys do, I want to know if there is anything to watch for or that I should have done while this is being done. I have scoured FSM, Mud and internet for a ‘how to’ on this and nothing. An aside- thanks you guys for scaring me about my old tires - I drove very slowly back home from tech day. I have a new set.

Isn't it possible that, with them not knowing the truck, extra labor costs could exceed the cost of having it towed to Ryan?
AAA for the win. RV or the other high-miles one (that's the most significant difference between plans). Money well spent when you own an old vehicle. Also, look into your auto insurance; many have a towing provision, some you have to specifically ask and pay for that coverage.

Okay Ryan @OTRAMM. Looks like you have more work to add to your schedule. (You already put me on your schedule a week or two ago right?) I know you're way behind but no rush. I will look into having my National Auto Club Insurance towing it. I ordered the lines though. @OTRAMM Do I have to see if they will not make me take them? I know you had some issues with customers ordering their own parts.

USAA TOWED MY F250 from Roush Creek to my Deisal Mech in Winchester. Part of my plan.

I would not say free of charge but we all now I payed for it.

I just went through this on my '93 K2500 and the '94 Yukon isn't far behind. I agree on doing both brake and fuel lines at the same time. Chances are that all of them are in similar condition and in similar places. By the time you tear things apart to replace one set, you might as well save yourself a later headache and do them all rather than have to do the others in another year or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom