Fuel Injection Questions (78 2F) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To that end, you know anyone with an adapter for the factory air cleaner that won't add 10% to my cost?

You can make one by stacking plastic Mr Gasket adapters. Look up @maxbob002 in his AFI install in the 60 section

Further, we use to install a fresh cat. converter on rigs that didn't require them, passed the sniffer every time, plus cat didn't harm performance at all, actually worked like a second muffler.

Further, we use to install a fresh cat. converter on rigs that didn't require them, passed the sniffer every time, plus cat didn't harm performance at all, actually worked like a second muffler.

Is that a "take it to the muffler shop" kind of a deal? (I'm a newb.)

I ran steel lines along the firewall (up against the cowl) to prevent heat soak, and greatly re-bent the supplied AFI lines to get them angled away from the manifold. I used as little rubber fuel line as possible.

Is that a "take it to the muffler shop" kind of a deal? (I'm a newb.)

Freind with a mig welder, order it online..

Check the pipe size so you order the correct one, just did one for freind with a jeep, used one of these..

On the aircleaner, havent seen the gasket stack but have modified several air intakes..

sheet metal holesaw/jigsaw and hammer,, or take the tbi air cleaner cut the bottom out and fit it to the bottom of the cruiser part.. a little fab work and you have a custom part.. if you dont have axcess to a mig welder, epoxy/jb weld and pop rivit the two together. The bottom will be totally hidden when you are done... just take your time and mock it up before you start cutting/welding.. if the tbi base isnt high enough you can always make some z flanges to lift it up.. be creative and post what you come up with.

.the first inch or so above the throttle body needs a shape similar to the factory air cleaner for good flow..

Last edited:
One more thing on the catalic converter you want one with a heat sheild and pick the location carefully as they will get hot.. then pick and pull a heat sheild for the underside of the floor.. any modern car will do

One more thing on the catalic converter you want one with a heat sheild and pick the location carefully as they will get hot.. then pick and pull a heat sheild for the underside of the floor.. any modern car will do

Good tips. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom