Front windshield tint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had my windshield done with 90% Ceramic just to cut down the UV. No visible distortion. I paid under $100,

Shoot, now I need to get a dash mat =]

What material did you go w/ and is that from covercraft?

this one is dash designs velour material and taupe color. It was the closest match to the LX two tone color to keep everything matching. I contacted 3 companies for samples and this is closest color i could find. That LX dash color is really unique color...

We have a ceramic tint on my wife's RX350 all around with 70% on the windshield. I think it's 100% worth it. Anything under 90 degrees we can hop in and it's as if we had a sun shade up. 90 degrees after a couple hours it was toasty, but cooled down quick. If i did that with my civic without a tint i'd burn my hand on the shifter.

On my LX i have a ceramic tint all around, but i have a visible chip on my windshield that's been filled in already. I'm waiting for something else to warrant a replacement from insurance before i put a 70% ceramic on...hoping that comes sooner than later :)

The only way it makes a difference is if you're not out of the car for long. A tinted vehicle will heat up slightly slower, but the internal temperature of the vehicle will be the same with or without tint after a certain amount of time - and it doesn't take long.

The only way it makes a difference is if you're not out of the car for long. A tinted vehicle will heat up slightly slower, but the internal temperature of the vehicle will be the same with or without tint after a certain amount of time - and it doesn't take long.

Isn't the greenhouse effect going to allow a transparent window to trap in more heat? I mean, either way, the car will warm to the outside temp, but without tint in Phoenix my cars would get so hot I couldn't start driving for a few minutes. After tint, that was never an issue. Even after 8+ hours in the sun.

That doesn't take into account which one will cool faster, which one feels better on skin when driving around, which one stresses your car's AC more to keep temp stable and likely many other benefits.. but yeah when both out in sun sooner or later both will be hot, even with tint i still park in shade whenever possible to prevent that.

As someone who lives in that 100 degree weather I cannot drive a car without tint, way too unformfotable.

Isn't the greenhouse effect going to allow a transparent window to trap in more heat? I mean, either way, the car will warm to the outside temp, but without tint in Phoenix my cars would get so hot I couldn't start driving for a few minutes. After tint, that was never an issue. Even after 8+ hours in the sun.

It might be a combination of things. Certainly the sun's rays don't feel as warm on your skin in a tinted vehicle, and the vehicle will cool down faster. I've always applied tint to protect the interior and reduce strain on the HVAC system.

Edit: Okay, @95Fantasma80 and I posted at the same time haha it seems like we're all on the same wavelength here.

Windshield tint is, IMO, crucial in these trucks with big-ass glass in the front. I have 35% ceramic all the way around and 50% on the windshield. Rearward visibility isn't great at night but no concerns at all looking through the front. Hugely noticeable difference before and after in terms of heat coming in.

I think I paid somewhere between $700-$1000 for the whole truck. Had it all paid with stereo work too, so don't recall exactly.

The crazy thing about the strict tint laws in some states is that zero tint on your windows is a well documented safety hazard due to skin cancer. The enforcement of prohibiting all tint is likely killing people over time. 4000+ people die in the US from skin cancer every year. A non-negligible portion of that is likely from UV exposure while driving with no UV protection.

If I can find an accommodating dermatologist I can get a medical exemption letter to show at my annual inspection but I need a new one every year. PITA

I don't have any issues.. i have ceramic tint, 3m crystalline at 70% and dont have grainy effect... helps with heat reduction coupled with dash mat and 20% on all windows, I'm in good shape for that southern cali summer.

I've done cheap windshield tint of 50% on windshield of other cars once and after a year got grainy...

crystalline holding up so far about to go on 2 years.

here is a pic, its very low profile never been pulled over.

View attachment 2349527

View attachment 2349525

What type of dash mat do you have installed here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom