Front Swaybar Quick Disconnects Revisited Gen II (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Some History - I started running Front Swaybar Disconnects back in 2004
Front Sway bar Disconnect

Over 5 years ago we started manufacturing Swaybar Disconnects to help fund my daughter summer church trip @ $125.00 per set. The response from the MUD community was great to say the least. After the funding goal was quickly met demand was so strong Land Cruiser Products (LCP) was born. We DROPPED the price to $80 and over the years have increased it to $88.

That was over 555 sets of Swaybar disconnects ago.:eek: Welcome to LCP Swaybar Quick Disconnects Gen II. The new Gen II offers the same performance but now brackets are CNC cut and CNC bent. Installation is quick and easy rated at one :banana:. Instruction are included with tips on making disconnecting and reconnecting easy.

Cost is still the same $88 until we find time to update our site.

Click here to purchase►► Swaybar Disconnects - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

free shipping.png

IMG_9126.JPG

IMG_9132.JPG

Swaybar disconnect is arguably the best value to increase your articulation. Testing has shown a 15% increase. Along with a guaranteed increase in articulation you will find your 80 wheels will stay on the ground making your wheeling safer and giving you better traction. You will also find the ride to be smoother through the rough stuff. Disconnects are not needed for every trail but when the trail justifies them you are very happy to have them. Every time I have run HITR the guys that were not equipped were ordering by the end of the trip as they are a game changer on HITR and many other trails.

Note the smooth flex at the 2:00 minute mark in the video. Traction was good enough to drive in and out in 2wd. The guy with the camera now has Disconnects and recently posted his pic from this year.

Pictured below is one tire 30" off the ground with all others touching with front swaybar disconnected. YMMV as I have other secret mods to maximize my flex.;)

img_6828-jpg.837855

img_6834-jpg.837856

@LandCruiserPhil are you getting any extra noise out of this setup using those pins instead of a bolt ?

Not a good person to ask because I cant hear for :poop: :D

In the beginning I was concerned on the brackets holding up but after 1000's of off road miles I dont see my bracket holes elongating any. If you feel you are getting noise I would check the brackets it may be time to upgrade to @landtank heavy duty brackets.

Had a some interest out of the USA

For our Canadian friends add $20 USD
For our Australian friends add $28 USD

For 2 sets to CDN $188 USD
For 2 sets to AUS $196 USD

AUS / CDN PM me for an invoice

I have seen a couple cruisers that wheel with their front sway bars connected along with longer travel shocks than stock rip the sway bar mount off of the axle housing due to the stress of trying to flex more than designed. It usually rips the brake line apart too at the same time. Not a fun trail repair. Sway bar disconnect is a smart move for that reason too. The axle bracket for the sway bar is not very robust for other than stock length shocks.

Oh c'mon bro.. Just bought the other ones not too long ago :cry:

One of the original prototype are still on my 80 (welded by me:eek:). I test fitted the Gen II and put the originals back on.;)

Dont cry If you or anyone else feels the need to upgrade I send you Gen II brackets for $33 shipped or almost free:flipoff2:

LCP for the win. Nice work and nice product, Phil.

yes. at least for me. I hear them clickin and clackin especially on washboard roads and stuff Pretty minor but definitely noticeable.

Have you checked your bracket holes maybe time for an upgrade?

fix your damn squeaking brakes :flipoff2:

I have seen a couple cruisers that wheel with their front sway bars connected along with longer travel shocks than stock rip the sway bar mount off of the axle housing due to the stress of trying to flex more than designed. It usually rips the brake line apart too at the same time. Not a fun trail repair. Sway bar disconnect is a smart move for that reason too. The axle bracket for the sway bar is not very robust for other than stock length shocks.

Yep, been there, done that, got the t-shirt !

I was going to say "damn, after sitting for over a year I finally got mine installed a few weeks ago and now you have a new one." However, I realized that it didn't work well on my HDJ81 because apparently my frame didn't have all the bolt holes as a USDM would have. I broke out the plasma and cut it up to make it work so the upgrade wouldn't help me. The kit worked well on my last trip though

Oooh, been meaning to pick these up. Guessing pricing would be similar shipped to NZ as Aus prices? :)

Yes you would be correct but before you order make sure you have the thread factory holes for mounting. See pic of Gen I for reference

$_57.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom