Builds Front Range CO Build - BerettaMato (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wanted to give a up date on the motor. I am now at 5,000 miles and just did the second oil change. I have gone in the mountains and up the pass many times and on a few runs with the club. This motor has been everything I wanted it to be. just the right amount off power and I am currently getting 13.9 mpg average. Off road you notice smoother power band and the ability to power through a obstacle. On the Snow and pizza run I had no problems even in very deep snow and icy'ish hill climbs. I really think this was do to throttle control and steady power. Up the pass 65-70 on cruise control is no problem and can maintain that even up steeper section with managing the O/D button. Passing at highway speeds (75mph) is no problem. I even had a multiple car pass and when I returned back into the main lane I realized I was doing 105mph, I think the rpm's were around 4,300 cant remember for sure but I did not feel I was going that fast. This has been my best upgrade and worth every dollar.

Thank you for the follow-up - great to hear this.
Would you still say Robbie's HC rebuild is still slightly better/on par with TRD s/c setup?
Thanks again

Nice. 105 in an 80. Getting a ticket in an 80...didn't think that was possible.

Nice. 105 in an 80. Getting a ticket in an 80...didn't think that was possible.
105 on my speed-o was probably like 99 on a GPS with the 35" and 4.88 gearing. But yes I was really shocked.

Getting ready for the 30+ overlanding days this year I put in a new Denso alternator and starter in. Was fairly easy about 3hrs with removing one of the batteries and a full greasing of all the fitting. I will keep the old ones as spares after I rebuild them. I also paint marked all the bolts that could come lose during a trip on the whole 80.
IMG_20180318_143047.jpg

IMG_20180318_171420.jpg

I would have thought Robbie would have replaced those.

starters on these trucks are so easy to replace. I had to replace mine in the Walmart parking lot next to jax, took no time at all.

Big changes coming very soon. All the parts should be here this week. Sliders, Diff Armour, Roof rack, Lights, Snorkel and a ton of Navigation and we might have the Drawers in time of Cruise Moab.

Every time you post I get recharged to have Robbie rebuild my engine. I'm in no hurry, but he probably won't do this forever.

White Knuckle Offload sliders came in this morning. Thanks to WKO these came in two weeks earlier then they quoted. Also thank to Natemob for the install tips.

IMG_20180326_163153.jpg

IMG_20180326_163113.jpg

IMG_20180326_163129.jpg

Last edited:
Did you keep your running board caps and order the longer sliders?

Yes there are the longer 69" version. I did not have running board but I did keep my mud flares to cover the fiberglass mounts for the fender flares. I cut the mud flares to 2.5" just to keep the over all look balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom