Builds Front Range CO Build - BerettaMato (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Next meeting is our formal year end meet, its not as exciting as our other meetings (we typically do hands on demonstrations like tire repair, electrical diagnosis / repair etc). We meet at 6:30pm the last Wednesday of each month (except December), locations vary but our base is Pederson Toyota in Fort Collins, where this months meeting will be held.

Horsetooth 4 Wheelers
Thanks for the heads up Bro. $20 bucks in gas, 100 miles, 2 1/2 hours drive time round trip in traffic only to find that meeting has been canceled. Next time you invite someone to something make sure if you're not going to be there they know what's up.

So, wasn't there supposed to be a trip to Evergreen this week? How'd she run up hill?

Motor update 1,200 miles. First oil change done at 1k. Went from Napa dino for break in, to Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 per Robbie's recommendations. Fuel millages is averaging 13.4 so I am really happy with that. I went to Evergreen CO last night for a Cruiser Moab committee meeting and the 80 did amazing. Since this was the first time in the mountains and such a step grade I set the cruise control up for the speed limit at 65 mph and jumped into the middle lane. I never had to use the overdrive button, it down shifted when needed held at 3,100 rpm during the steepest parts of the drive. I keep up with traffic boys and girls, it a miracle. It was so smooth and did not feel stressed. I have tried this before and it could not hold 65 mph even with me down shifting it. I would have to put it into 2nd and pray I could keep 45-55 mph in the truck lane around 3,600 to 3,900 rpm. This motor is a winner in my book. Thanks you @powderpig you really did an amazing job.

So, wasn't there supposed to be a trip to Evergreen this week? How'd she run up hill?
Dude your the most impatient person. I have seen kids on Christmas morning more patients. ;)

Dude your the most impatient person. I have seen kids on Christmas morning more patients. ;)
Lol. You’re my marker. I’m excited it’s running so well. Robbie is a new name to me so I’m eager to get updates. Getting out of the truck lane: #lifegoals.

Thanks for the heads up Bro. $20 bucks in gas, 100 miles, 2 1/2 hours drive time round trip in traffic only to find that meeting has been canceled. Next time you invite someone to something make sure if you're not going to be there they know what's up.

Hey bud I'm really sorry about not communicating that with you, I take total responsibility for that and feel terrible that I wasted your time.

If you decide to give the club another chance in the future, keep an eye on our Facebook page, website (the ones I linked in my first post) and clubhouse section here on mud we post all of our updates on meetings in all of these locations. Each one of these was updated to note that the meeting was postponed, regardless I'm sorry I didn't drop you a line.

Hey bud I'm really sorry about not communicating that with you, I take total responsibility for that and feel terrible that I wasted your time.

If you decide to give the club another chance in the future, keep an eye on our Facebook page, website (the ones I linked in my first post) and clubhouse section here on mud we post all of our updates on meetings in all of these locations. Each one of these was updated to note that the meeting was postponed, regardless I'm sorry I didn't drop you a line.
Thanks I will try again in February next two months are pretty full.

I'm down to working with Robbie on dates that work for him/me. This is not a cheap option, but I think it's the best way to get the 1FZ in top running condition.

Any new trips through the mountains? What's the highest elevation you've had it to since the installation?

Sorry it has been so long. Working retail during the holiday sucks and Abbey had a beautiful Litter of Griff pups. Motor is still running awesome and averaging 13mpg. Mountain driving is great I70 at 70mph no problem even with cruise control on. Still recovering from a little over $50K on this rig last year. I did order a Gobi roof rack and WKO Sliders. They should be here in a month or so.

I am having the ARB Lockers puking diff oil to the air solenoids so I need to address that asap. Might be breathers if not sending back to Slee.

Things to do
Mount Comms
Replace starter
Charge A/C
Fab Diff armour
Drawers
Install snorkel

Last edited:
WKO has a 4-6 week lead time last I heard and they are really good about sticking to their quoted times, if you opt for powdercoating it kinda gets out of their control since it's not done in-house. Either way, probably one of the best experiences I've had with a fabricator in all my truck builds.

Good luck with that... I ordered my Gobi back in mid-October. It's now almost February. I am also about to pull the trigger on some WNO Sliders. Hopefully their turn around with my money is better.
ordered the Gobi Oct 1st. WKO should be about a little over month.

Any significant height decrease with the intermediate rear springs?

Currently have the intermediate rears installed and its sitting pretty high with a significant rake.

Last edited:
Wanted to give a up date on the motor. I am now at 5,000 miles and just did the second oil change. I have gone in the mountains and up the pass many times and on a few runs with the club. This motor has been everything I wanted it to be. just the right amount off power and I am currently getting 13.9 mpg average. Off road you notice smoother power band and the ability to power through a obstacle. On the Snow and pizza run I had no problems even in very deep snow and icy'ish hill climbs. I really think this was do to throttle control and steady power. Up the pass 65-70 on cruise control is no problem and can maintain that even up steeper section with managing the O/D button. Passing at highway speeds (75mph) is no problem. I even had a multiple car pass and when I returned back into the main lane I realized I was doing 105mph, I think the rpm's were around 4,300 cant remember for sure but I did not feel I was going that fast. This has been my best upgrade and worth every dollar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom