front floor pan replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The body shop guys is saying that it should be replaced not patched. I need to stop by and get some better pictures, but from what he is telling me the patching or filling of the holes with new metal will be more expensive due to time consumption then replacing the whole thing.

Spence

I wouldn't change that floor. I do not see enough of the "bad" that warrants the whole floor being changed. Can you take close ups?

Edit: are you talking about about the driver's floor...go with the two patches...and keep the original floor

I will take some more close ups this saturday. The patches is what I am thinking and then having him fill the holes on the rockers and on the mid bed support in the last pics with new metal just grinded down. I will post the new pics after I get them. thanks for the quick responses already!

Please, please, do not remove that floor, that would be a sweet one to spot repair, all and all looks very solid

save your money and repair whats wrong with that one. it doesn't look bad at all.

This isn't even funny.

SPence,
Post up on the ONSC club. I guarantee you could probably find a group of guys up for a hamom to help you with the patching or at least a better body shop guy. I think Jason Free knows one or if your willing to drive it to charlotte i know an awesome one that has worked on cruisers before.

I agree. If he's planning to do it correctly, replacing the entire floor can be a chore. There are a ton of spot welds that would need to be removed. And after hes done things may not fit right. I definitely think a few patches is the way to go.

$1000 for a new floor? ouch. i fixed mine.. didn't have the rust in the rocker like yours but pretty close to that and i've never welded b4!

a 'body man' should be able to fix that cheaply, easily (for him), and have it done right in the process

(just read more of your post) - you're talking about the patch panels not the whole floor?? - that's not a bad idea you certainly don't need to replace the center or passenger side...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom