Front Brake Caliper Replacement - Napa Eclipse NLA? Options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is what $650+ looks like in rear brake parts! Ready to go for tomorrow...Pads not pictured, purchased previously and need to dig them out.
  1. Rear Calipers: 47730-60110 & 47750-60110
  2. Rotors: 42431-60171
  3. Soft Lines: 90947-02614 & 90947-02615
  4. Fitting & Shim Kit: 04946-60010 & 04947-22050
  5. Copper Washers: 90430-10074
  6. Rubber Plugs on Rotors for eBrake adjuster hole: 47491-22020
  7. Pads not pictured

20200821_172107.jpg

I won the Toyota Parts Lottery! My front calipers were on national back order. 11 orders were placed, 10 calipers were sent from Toyota. I was fortunate to be one of the 10.

I won the Toyota Parts Lottery! My front calipers were on national back order. 11 orders were placed, 10 calipers were sent from Toyota. I was fortunate to be one of the 10.

Ha! That is awesome!! I was talking with my parts guy about that. He told me about the orders, which is why I opted for the new! Congrats on the win!

Updated all four corners!
268D7FE5-9DA9-420F-81CC-275538E8F8FB.jpeg
C7266ABB-C6EF-4A8B-A0C2-B5EFF6860BFE.jpeg

Stops awesome (compared to before (everything except pads and perhaps one fluid flush was from factory 1997)), but as others have noted still softish.

Gravity "flush" while messing with hoses. Activated ABS with the relays once before flushing (not bleeding). Two-person bleed on the corners. Didn't mess/bleed with Load Proportioning valve at all.

Stops in a strait line, hands off, going downhill. Very nice.

Calipers, lines, banjos, washers, new lspv, showed up.
Dropped the ball on ordering fit/shim kits.
Is the fit kit 04947-22050 cover all 4 corners?
If I'm going with 100 series ebc pads up front any reason to order the shim kit?

The anti rattle plate and fitting kit is different from the rear. That part number is the rear fitting kit only. I'd buy that for sure.

Rear shim kit is 04946-60010
Rear fitting kit is 04947-22050
Front shim and anti squeal is 04945-35040

Is there a link to the process to activate the ABS for bleeding?

Post number 19.

Be careful with this process. I made the harness and activated the solenoids for about 5 secs at a time. I think it was probably on the third go when i noticed the smoke coming from the ABS area. Something was overheating very quickly. I think very short pulses is all you need but to be honest i think i got more air out by placing the truck on jackstands. I had her up high enough to leave a wheel on in one corner at a time. This provide enough imbalance to activate the ABS enough. I got a lot of air out with this method and some horrible looking brake fluid.

The anti rattle plate and fitting kit is different from the rear. That part number is the rear fitting kit only. I'd buy that for sure.

Rear shim kit is 04946-60010
Rear fitting kit is 04947-22050
Front shim and anti squeal is 04945-35040

Can you elaborate on what these parts are? I am replacing all four rotors, calipers and pads. Should I also be ordering these parts? And what exactly are they for? Thanks.

@bicycleagent003 These are a combination of the metal backing plates that go on your pads, the wear indicator clips and metal clips the rear pads slide on. It's really quite nice if everything else is new, that these parts are new too. Small price to pay when you've invested so much in everything else.

Can you elaborate on what these parts are? I am replacing all four rotors, calipers and pads. Should I also be ordering these parts? And what exactly are they for? Thanks.

These parts provide a slick sliding surface for the pads as they are held by the calipers. And a shim on the back of the pads that eliminates rattling, etc. You may be ablen to reuse what's on there as they are stainless steel and don't rust, but cheap enough to just get them and freshen everything up reliably.

Calipers, lines, banjos, washers, new lspv, showed up.
Dropped the ball on ordering fit/shim kits.
Is the fit kit 04947-22050 cover all 4 corners?
If I'm going with 100 series ebc pads up front any reason to order the shim kit?

Wait... you can still get the LSPV new? Pic of what's included with a new unit...

@greentruck, @NorCalFJ100 - thanks for the tips. I'll order those up. I've never worked on the brakes on this truck before, so I appreciate the suggestions. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom