Builds Frog's 40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Much appreciated.
As requested
IMG_20210327_150721262.jpg
IMG_20210327_150732478.jpg
IMG_20210327_150744777.jpg
IMG_20210327_150757174.jpg

Thank you, sir :D

Made some wall art to keep the fj40's some company in the shop

IMG_20210518_175957492.jpg

IMG_20210518_180012009.jpg

IMG_20210518_180018393.jpg

Any updates on this? This is such a clean rig, you really did some great work! I like the LII sliders and the tahoe springs, really kept it low. Can you measure from ground to bottom of frame to give a better reference than the fender well measurements given? Will be researching those tahoe springs for my 40. I used FJ60 rears both front & rear and I am not liking the spring rate. Feels much too stiff.

Any updates on this? This is such a clean rig, you really did some great work! I like the LII sliders and the tahoe springs, really kept it low. Can you measure from ground to bottom of frame to give a better reference than the fender well measurements given? Will be researching those tahoe springs for my 40. I used FJ60 rears both front & rear and I am not liking the spring rate. Feels much too stiff.
I have been daily driving it a bunch. Bottom of frame is 23"s. Overall turned out way better than I could of imagined. Getting right at 14mpg on 37" tires, super comfortable ride. Thanks for the compliments.
IMG_20210801_162501218_HDR.jpg

Can't remember if I asked you before and can't find it in the thread, what headers are you using? My stock Silverado ones kick the exhaust flange right on the frame

3000 miles, still going strong. I had a few oil leaks so dropped the oil pan for a new gasket. I was shocked how much sludge was in the pan. Cleaned it up and the good news is the oil pan does not leak any more. The bad news is the rear main seal is leaking. I will drop the tranny in another 3000 miles and replace that seal.

Wonder if the exhaust running under the oil pan like it does had anything to do with the sludge? Also, have you noticed any high oil temperature with the exhaust running like that? The reason I ask is that I'm trying to figure out how to run mine.

Wonder if the exhaust running under the oil pan like it does had anything to do with the sludge? Also, have you noticed any high oil temperature with the exhaust running like that? The reason I ask is that I'm trying to figure out how to run mine.
I have not had any temp issues, and don't monitor oil temp. I think it was a poorly maintained high milage engine. Might have a slight head gasket leak and from what I have read that can make sludge in an LS engine with synthetic oil. A lot of swaps run the exhaust under the pan, I have not heard of that causing sludge

@A10Driver I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again. The stance on this 40 is perfect for an SOA rig! Love this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom