Free fj45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A free 45 AND this? Way to rub it in our faces!

z.PNG

If you have a chance can you get some closeup pics of your hood hinges (pm them if you’d prefer)? It looks like one is pinned and the other has a bolt (and maybe nut). Mine are similar which puzzles me about originality. Thanks.

If you have a chance can you get some closeup pics of your hood hinges (pm them if you’d prefer)? It looks like one is pinned and the other has a bolt (and maybe nut). Mine are similar which puzzles me about originality. Thanks.
No worries
8188B1FF-0933-4489-AD58-FF2FDD735BB7.jpeg
7027A28F-6AA5-4636-8FFE-8357F4D57345.jpeg
55D669EF-E8E3-4E47-B626-0BD2E2DE2209.jpeg
F0E859F8-F868-4A64-830D-A11A513C4D60.jpeg

I don't know if it's worth anything but my two hood hinges on my '65 FJ40 are pinned. One was very loose and I was able to peen it back into place. Loose to the point where the pin could potentially fall out if raddled enough. I would imagine a previous owner replaced the pin with a bolt after the original pin raddled free.

Thanks for the pics @ozcrusier. Don’t worry about better pics. I think @Krondor is right, my hinge setup is very similar to yours (one bolted and one pinned) but its probably just a coincidence as a way to fix a funky hinge with a missing/bad pin. Thanks again. Looking forward to your progress.

my hinge setup is very similar to yours (one bolted and one pinned) but its probably just a coincidence as a way to fix a funky hinge with a missing/bad pin.

seen that several times, PO's do that when a pin breaks, must be easier to find a bolt that is too loose than to find the correct diameter pin.

I will quickly bring you up to speed on the free fj45 cruiser. I have just been released from hospital after being bitten on my lower left leg suspect spider. I’m still very very sick and have two more weeks of out house hospital then GP treatment to follow depending how the infection travels .
This old girl has cost me dearly.
Possibly my last post on this thread.
85A91A39-B897-4364-BF6D-CF5428C351A7.jpeg

Last edited:
funnel web?

bummer, heal up.

Sorry to hear ozcruiser, that looks nasty, wish the best for you!!

sorry to hear that, looks like a White Tail Spider bite. My wife got bitten, nasty buggers...she's ok now though. Good luck with it; hope it clears up soon.

Sneaky
I felt and seen nothing. It’s not the spider bite but the infection that’s knocked for a six.

Sneaky
I felt and seen nothing. It’s not the spider bite but the infection that’s knocked for a six.
Anyway you look at it, it's a dampener on the whole experience. Hope you get well soon enough and it doesn't put you off. Think of it as an enforced period of planning. ;)

Thanks for all the well wishers guys.
I’m felling better everyday but even walking is a effort my balance is shot could be worse.
I’m in my 60’s so I’m kinda getting to old for projects but the good news is my sons keen and wants to put his spare LS1 in. Tough pill for me to swallow but why can I say.
Thanks again all.

x2 for the white tail bite. They are pricks of things. You will notice that if you have redbacks around the house you wont have whitetails.
I have even had the bastards in bed with me- they love to be in clothing towels ect left on the floor. Get well soon .
That ute looks in pretty solid condition. Im about 90 percent through my 1964 factory soft top restoration.
Parts are still available for the f engine

Hi guys
I have a set of very solid doors not sure what year they are but they don’t have the bug catcher flip out quarter window. They look the same but different quarter windows would the top half bug catchers fit into the later doors.

Hi guys
I have a set of very solid doors not sure what year they are but they don’t have the bug catcher flip out quarter window. They look the same but different quarter windows would the top half bug catchers fit into the later doors.
They are only a bolt in thing so would be worth a try

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom