Found my forward facing rear seats for my BJ42! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally after 2 years I found and purchased my forward facing rear seats for my BJ42 LX. Found a lady in AUS that could not sell her BJ42 LX on ebay so I asked her if she would sell the seats and she agreed. the shipping was $$$$$ though. But I needed for my restoration.
DSCF1262.jpg
DSCF1263.jpg

I could have shipped them for less:D

Ah well Matt

100_4145.jpg

would love to see pics of them installed and folded... please???

these are not mine, just some I grabbed off the internet that are installed.
030.jpg
ebay_008.jpg
ebay_013.jpg

Get outta here! That's the sweetest rear seat setup I've seen yet.

I've been meaning to take some pics of how I did mine. I just built a mounting rail system and put the two jump seats side by side. No rear access really but hey it turned out pretty sweet.

Sorry not meaning to hijack.

those are great, thanks.

Does the long one not fold up to the side? Just the upright back part folds forward a bit?

two or three rows of these my troopie would make the wife very happy from a perceived safety perspective.

Yeah The single one is the only one that folds up to make it where you can enter from the rear door. The long seat just folds forward and its armrest towards the single seat extends all the way down if not using or if you wanted to try and lay down across the rear seats? I actually have an extra single seat that folds up that I bought from AUS over a year ago while I was looking for the other seat.

Rob

That is a awesome setup, but i wheel too much the get rid of the roll cage in mine to get some seats like that installed

I don't know about the stripes but that sure beats the seats offered in the USA. It seems everyone else was getting the better options. What was Toyota thinking?

have no idea what Toyota was thinking, even with the single seat folded up, really doesnt make it really easy to get seated? tight space? The LX editions are the only ones that got these seats so even the overseas FJ/BJ's got the facing jumpseats as in U.S? These are a little more comfortable but still not really practical in terms of getting in, should have made the front seats fold forward better to enter from front as well?

R

Hi
have no idea what Toyota was thinking, even with the single seat folded up, really doesnt make it really easy to get seated? tight space? The LX editions are the only ones that got these seats so even the overseas FJ/BJ's got the facing jumpseats as in U.S? These are a little more comfortable but still not really practical in terms of getting in, should have made the front seats fold forward better to enter from front as well?

R
Roberto, could you post some pics of both seats folded? The FJ43 (mid wheel base) also had similar seats, where the longer part folded up towards the side instead of forward. Pic attached. Not sure where those were sold, but I know that France and Italy has lots of them, so that would be where to look I guess. I am looking for solutions for my troopie. Same problem: front seats not ideal as entry point so looking for a solution to be able to easily get teenagers in/out via the ambulance doors
rear bench 2.JPG
rear bench.jpg

Hi Roberto, i just want to know, front seat can be used in back , as front facing alternative , you know how difficult to get FJ40LX back seats .

Roberto hasn't been on mud for over five years. The LX wide passenger seat would probably be best if your trying to match the LX upholstery. But there are better forward facing options than the front seat.

How is the 3 point belt attached to the top? Cant really see in the picture.

Never seen one but can't help but think it would be the same setup as our 1/76-2/78 front three point seat belts. The picture of the top is 9/76-2/78. The loose bracket was removed from an Australian 84 HJ47RV. The fixed nut at the top was standard starting with the 73 model.

IMG_20210406_185306391.jpg
IMG_20200112_122750222_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200112_122732275_HDR.jpg

Roberto hasn't been on mud for over five years. The LX wide passenger seat would probably be best if your trying to match the LX upholstery. But there are better forward facing options than the front seat.

Never seen one but can't help but think it would be the same setup as our 1/76-2/78 front three point seat belts. The picture of the top is 9/76-2/78. The loose bracket was removed from an Australian 84 HJ47RV. The fixed nut at the top was standard starting with the 73 model.

View attachment 2815678View attachment 2815679View attachment 2815680
Thanks a lot for your answer

So it attaches to hardtop? Do you have a pic of it attached?

So it attaches to hardtop? Do you have a pic of it attached?

These two pictures confuse me. I see to male ends for the same right side small seat.
LX seats1.jpg
100_4145.jpg

For some reason I can't copy the picture of the mustard cruiser wider left seat. It shows the retractable part coming out from the trim under the window but still on the top. Anchored at the top just like the front seat. The other end of that part is anchored to the top of the wheel well. The LX hard tops have extra brackets to mount the interior trim pieces. Probably get the fixed nut at the top as part of the package.

Along the same lines, but not OEM, Mitsubishi Pajero:
D293077A-8E0C-42F3-88F5-3ABE12A01BA3.jpeg
8E6C5E87-B874-47A2-8CE8-1353016FB27B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom