Forum Members Front Bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ARB on the old 3FE Powa-mobile
DSC_0282.jpg

Junk's old school Slee bumper retro'd to fit the Warn
80 1.JPG
80 1.JPG
DSC_0282.jpg

Phrogg, do you have any more pics/install info of the Unity spotlight on your A-pillar? Nice looking rig BTW!

:cheers:

I don't have any pics right now, but it was a pretty easy install. Recommend to use RivNuts to anchor the exterior mount, the exterior sheet metal just isn't strong enough to hold the screws. Also, don't forget to pull the interior lining out before you drill thru, otherwise it'll get all wound up in the drill bit. Ask me how I know:grinpimp:

Only real issue is you have to drill right through the sunroof drain channel on that pillar. I have my sunroof completely sealed up so it wasn't an issue for me, but take that into account if you want to do it.

edit: Couple of snaps with the Iphone. The metal plate on the inside pic is to cover up the hole in the interior lining
photo-5.jpg

photo-3.jpg
photo-3.jpg
photo-5.jpg

Last edited:
My shaved, body-colored powered-coated, clear-lens, and LED ARB winch bumper. Sorry for the bad camera phone picture of it parked in the garage. :princess:
001.jpg

I don't have any pics right now, but it was a pretty easy install. Recommend to use RivNuts to anchor the exterior mount, the exterior sheet metal just isn't strong enough to hold the screws. Also, don't forget to pull the interior lining out before you drill thru, otherwise it'll get all wound up in the drill bit. Ask me how I know:grinpimp:

Only real issue is you have to drill right through the sunroof drain channel on that pillar. I have my sunroof completely sealed up so it wasn't an issue for me, but take that into account if you want to do it.

edit: Couple of snaps with the Iphone. The metal plate on the inside pic is to cover up the hole in the interior lining

Thanks for the info and photos! I had forgotten about the sunroof drain tube; was there not enough room to move it to one side? I'd also have to get rid of my gauge pod :doh:

What so of stuff do you use it for/would you install it again?

My shaved, body-colored powered-coated, clear-lens, and LED ARB winch bumper. Sorry for the bad camera phone picture of it parked in the garage. :princess:

I like the color match powder coat, I'm thinking about doing that with the ARB on my silver Tacoma. Whatt'd it cost you to PC?

Thanks for the info and photos! I had forgotten about the sunroof drain tube; was there not enough room to move it to one side? I'd also have to get rid of my gauge pod :doh:

What so of stuff do you use it for/would you install it again?

Since my sunroof was sealed, I didn't pay much attention aside from any wires I might find. Full steam ahead with the drill.:grinpimp:

I like having the spot, I can point it where I want. Good for lighting up the campsite, spotting deer, bears, carjackers. Would I install it again? Depends on the vehicle:meh:

I like the color match powder coat, I'm thinking about doing that with the ARB on my silver Tacoma. Whatt'd it cost you to PC?

Since my sunroof was sealed, I didn't pay much attention aside from any wires I might find. Full steam ahead with the drill.:grinpimp:

I like having the spot, I can point it where I want. Good for lighting up the campsite, spotting deer, bears, carjackers. Would I install it again? Depends on the vehicle:meh:

Thanks! :cheers:

Now, back to your regularly scheduled front bumper thread!

We have a shop here with a commercial account with a local powdercoater so my costs are way lower than the average consumer. I ask about the regular end-user pricing and was quoted about $175 for a standard black powdercoating with $125 upcharge for an in-stock color upgrade. If you want custom color-matching, they would have to quote you on a case-by-case basis.

The prices are lower if you have them powdercoat many parts together at the same time. I can get pretty good deal if I powdercoat several parts together on the same run.

We used several powdercoaters here in town and finally settle on one that was reputable, reliable, and priced right.

Last edited:
ARB,old style on 80 new style on on 60 whit 10k T-MAX winch
arb.jpg

Just trimmed the original bumper for higher clearance.

0011wc.jpg

bumper1.jpg

here's my homemade bumper

CIMG0301.jpg

CIMG0297.jpg

CIMG0302.jpg

ARB with Mile Marker 12K Hydraulic Winch, Extreme Outback Air Compressor, IPF Fog Lights, IPF HID's, and a variety of Radio Antennas installed.
Cruiser - Post 1.jpg
Pre-Build Pic - Lights.jpg

I designed my bumper with a cardboard template. Had Jacob's Welding build it for me.

bumper 2.jpg

bumper 4.jpg

bumper 3.jpg
bumper 2.jpg
bumper 4.jpg
bumper 3.jpg

Custom made
DSCN0584.jpg
DSCN0586.jpg
DSCN0587.jpg

Someone just asked about tube bumpers in another thread and linked to this one...so while I'm at it I'll post here as well:

I got this from a shop in Florida. 3" steel pipe, could be made with or without the bottom pipe (2 horizontal pipes instead of 3). Probably not the best for rock climbing clearance but great protection for other purposes.
frontbumper1.jpg
frontbumper2.jpg

Here's my contribution to the thread, it was built by a local welder. The winch is a Smittybilt XRC12.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom