For Sale, Trade, or Free! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I recently had my 94 FZJ80 totaled - it wasn't a terribly bad crash, just crunched the front enough and with a bull-bar on it, the frame apparently bent enough to be called totaled. So most of the car is just fine. Insurance apparently has a deal where I can buy back the salvaged car and do whatever I want with it. This seems... tempting? The buy-back is $2700 which, I dunno, seems maybe a bit high. Curious what others here would do or - if my sense of the price is off - if anyone in central Texas would want the thing to part out at that price.

I’d be curious to know more about your truck. My cell is 713-805-3962. I live about 30 miles west of San Marcos. Thank you. Jimmy

Is this evidence against a bull bar?! Post up a pic of the damage.

@Stiles - I've heard from a mechanic who has done a lot of repairs that bull-bars/brush guards often make crashes worse in two ways: 1) hitting just one side will push it in across the whole front causing more widespread damage; and 2) because it attaches to the frame, it removes any "crumple zone" and takes forces directly to the frame making it more likely to cause a total.

OTOH, I think they prevent a lot of damage like broken lights and bent metal in a ton of other cases. I hit a deer going maybe 30 and got to shrug it off because the guard prevented any body damage. Otherwise I'd have had broken lights and grills and dented hood and quarter panel.

So... 🤷‍♂️ jury's still out.

8305e2e60c274dac8ddefb68cb1b7656_Claims2-A81AB1F5-0ADA-4FFE-8FE8-29F4A81F6F5C_PHOTOS__Page_00...jpeg

Damn. Thats a lot of damage. I'm sorry this has gone down :(

Anybody have a set of 40 side mirrors on the shelf they're willing to part with? I threw out the ATV mirrors that were duct taped to my new 45.
1672343762524.jpeg

btw and unrelated, I had a JDM truck titling question and reached out to Jesse at Austin JDM. He answered the phone and was a nice and super helpful guy. If you're ever in the market for something like this: 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 4DR Turbo Diesel - https://www.austinjdm.com/collections/jdms-for-sale/products/1996-toyota-land-cruiser-prado-4dr-turbo-diesel you should reach out to him.

Anybody have a set of 40 side mirrors on the shelf they're willing to part with? I threw out the ATV mirrors that were duct taped to my new 45.
View attachment 3204815

btw and unrelated, I had a JDM truck titling question and reached out to Jesse at Austin JDM. He answered the phone and was a nice and super helpful guy. If you're ever in the market for something like this: 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 4DR Turbo Diesel - https://www.austinjdm.com/collections/jdms-for-sale/products/1996-toyota-land-cruiser-prado-4dr-turbo-diesel you should reach out to him.
I gotcha cover Larry.

Anyone local have a set of 40 doors? Found some.

Last edited:
Anyone have some 15" steel wheels?

W H E E L S
Anybody have any wheels suitable for a 60-series (6-lug x 5.5 inch with deep backspacing)? Exploring options to replace the OEM chrome versions I'm running and willing to consider steelies, non-US 16x7 spoke versions, or just plain' ol' white wagon wheels. I prefer to buy a set of five, but am interested in seeing whatever's available locally before I begin a wider search.

in search of/for sale/trade - 2f bell housing cover

Bought this in my ignorance. Used but in great condition. Need the correct one for my 4/80 FJ40, the one with symmetrical holes and a lower profile.
EE2093EB-377B-4AC4-80C9-C157835CDBAA.jpeg
BA4BD523-C1F2-4521-B787-46DB50CA8DF1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom