for sale: 89 FJ62 with blown engine (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pm'd

Welcome! FYI- your looking for a 93-97 FZJ80, the 91-92 FJ80 had the 3FE and no fr/rr lockers available. :)

Unless they added ARBs or another locker!

here are the pics

Here are some pics of Mikes cruiser. It's a great cruiser, I remember when he got it many years ago.

regards

Last edited:
1977 FJ-40 in WI FS along with another tub/hardtop

Gauging interest before ebay…

1977 Toyota FJ-40 Landcruiser. Mustard yellow. 54178 documented actual miles. Clean title. Bone stock with a running 2f, 4speed tranny, tcase ect. Currently the carb is off and needs a rebuild. Has hardtop and hard doors. Roll bar, rear jump seats. Only thing I see missing in the interior are the seat belts, other than that complete. Rear swing tire carrier. Frame is in good shape. Under hood is complete as well. Has the usual Wisconsin rust for a 40. Probably the only thing that saved this FJ, is that it was stored inside for the last 12 years. The owner was one of those guys who was always going to get to restoring it. It will need a lot of work on the tub, but it is nothing that cannot be fixed. You WILL need to do a lot of body work to the TUB. I want to stress this, because some people have this thought in their heads that vehicles in Wisconsin do not rust, especially Toyota’s. It appears that someone had repainted it at one time. On the outside the only thing missing on the outside are the front marker lights and the front bumper. There are a lot better cruisers out there, but also there a lot worse, unrestoreable for a lot more money. You will not drive this home (bring your trailer, dolly ect). $2000

Side note…. I have a complete tub from, I believe is a 71 FJ-40. Zero rust on it. It has been cut slightly for the use of aftermarket fender flares. Easily fixable if you wanted the bone stock look. Rear quarter has a hole cut in it for an aftermarket gas tank. Tub is sitting on a very nice, rust free frame and springs and drum axles ect. This frame had a 350 in it supposedly at 1 time. No windshield frame, no rear doors, or no front doors, no interior ect. Basically a bare tub. No title. Perfect if you have that swiss cheese 40 that will never see the road again. Originally from Arizona, ended up in MN, now it made its way to my place. I was going to use it for my resto project, but plans change. I will make a package deal for someone if that is what they wanted.

Side Side note…. On top of the tub is a complete hardtop from a 79??? Has the fold out side windows. Excellent shape with zero visable rust. Excellent for that 40 with a rotted hardtop or no hardtop at all. I have literally no use for it.

All of this has to be/will be gone before June 10th, so if you are serious, email me and we can make a deal. No Trades, cash only. My email is weigellj@yahoo.com

I won’t have any pics of either until after this weekend, so don’t email asking for a pic until then. Both are located in central WI and I can help with loading ect.

Thanks

Thanks for the help, Louis.

Just so everyone knows:

These pics were taken last fall just before it went into storage. It's still in storage at the moment in a dry unheated garage.

I can read so if you can send me a pic of the 71 after this weekend that would be great. FJ40love@gmail.com. Would it be possible to only purchase the tub. Have a frame and everything else already. Be easier to find a rust free tub than to find new quarterpanels and patch the floor. Also what ever happened to that green 72 FJ40 you had? Just curious. Thanks.

:cheers:

Here's the skinny...

I looked @ this truck yesterday & all I havce to say is this... IT'S WELL WORTH THE 12K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People... now... here's a stock & lock'd cruiser that has a near flawless interior... the exterior has the expected minor scuffs & small scartches that coincide with an 8 y.o. vehicle... not a leak anywhere... underside is uber-clean... brand new LTX tires... this truck is in "very good" conditon... the truck drives great... shifting as it should, braking is as it should, suspension feels solid...all the stuff in'er works... a great find for the east coast IMO!!

Damn, Wish I had the dough. Its everything I want. Wife is warmed up to it. Just needs to be next year at this time. 1st Baby on the way July 4. Bump for you.

Thanks for the warning. I'm trying to get the better half to sign off on her working for the next couple of years while i take a break and work on my cruiser's for about a year or four.

Think that will fly ?

Bidding on the one on e-bay right now. It needs alot of work but that is what i want.

Ya'll have a GOOD DAY....

John asked me to post these pictures of his Cruiser for him...

286006.jpg

286011.jpg

I will send pics to the interested parties after I get them on monday.

I prefer to sell the tub with the frame and axles all together.

The green 40 I had went to south dakota and the green tub I had went to illinois.

Honestly patching the quarters and the floor on a 40 is not that hard in my opinion. Shoot me a pic of the tub you are working with. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom