For Pete's sake, Lend a hand (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
As many of you know, in the Colorado adventure last month, Mike Lost his car on a reverse backflip double lindy and did not stick the landing.

Insurance is all done, and fast forward to today, Mile has purchased a Lexus LX450 from Sage that has a blown head gasket. Mike has chosen the name of Pete, as in repeat for this luxury vehicle.

What I'm asking is that if any member has available time to help Pitch in at my house to do a bunch of work.

The list is long, as were trying to take a stock Lx450 and get back to where he was a month ago.

Along with the head, he decided to go ahead and refresh the rings and bearings on the lower end, so we will pull the engine and maybe the tranny too.

We need to delete all the cladding of the LX, so we need to pull the doors take them apart and weld in the holes. Also go ahead and prep them for Monstaliner.

Need to swap out the front axle for Mike's old axle.

Need to put the lift in along with extended brake lines.

Need to add the snorkel.

I'm sure I'm forgetting things, however the point is welders, people to take things apart, wrenches, sanding, turning screwdrivers, there's things for anyone of any talent.

Mike Can post when he's working; however, I think it is starting this weekend.
IMG_8168.JPG
IMG_8174.JPG

Post up some times as you schedule. I'd love to lend a helping hand more time the better to plan with the wife. Mike was willing to take time the day before his trip to go over the map with me for my upcoming trip and want to help out where I can.

Thanks for any support any of you can offer and as Kelly said the list is long.

I am off this weekend and plan to get a good start on it all. The only thing I have going on is a Boy Scout thing Saturday morning (gets over at 11am). Other than that I plan to be at Kelly's Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

I'll make sure there are beverages to drink and food to eat.

If this weekend doesn't work out for some, don't worry there will be plenty of other opportunities in the near future.

Thanks again!

Mike and "Pete"

Keep us posted, Mike. My dads birthday is this Saturday but I can make time Sunday for a solid morning. Saturday may work depending on whatever we do to celebrate.

I plan on being there on Sunday pending boss approval. Little guy has hockey Saturday.

I have the boys this weekend while wife is away, and date night Friday night, but I'll get over there as much as possible after this weekend.

I'm in Colorado through this weekend. But, additional work days after that I'll see what I can get away for. I won't be the most technically inclined helper, but I do know lefty loosey righty tighty.

I can be there Sunday. Name the location!!

I'm pretty sure I can free up time on Saturday and/or Sunday. I would love to learn how to weld, but probably better suited for taking things apart and Monstaliner prep.

Sorry I will be out of town moving my sister, coming back Sunday not sure when can possibly come by after I get back or on Monday

I know enough to be dangerous and could probably make myself available either Saturday or Sunday possibly Monday as I had to take the day off to watch the boys but then the boys would be with me.
EDIT No go for me on Sunday but Saturday I can be there whenever just need to gas up for the drive down there will also need address so I know where to go

Last edited:
I can be there Sunday. Name the location!!

It's been a busy day today prepping the garage for all this work. Kelly is on date night tonight but I'm sure he will p.m. you the address asap.

I need to spend time with Leslie this weekend as I haven't seen her in almost 3 weeks but I will be around as much as possible. See you all there:grinpimp:

I'm game Sunday about noon or just after for several hours just pick a project i'll assist. I'm good for any of them. diesel swap LS what ever i'll get it started, thats the easy part. see you all sunday

Just got the schedule worked out with Leslie. I should be around Fri Mid-morning till Sat evening.

I think that I have distributed my address to everyone that needs it. PM me if I forgot someone.

Thanks for all the responses and support in getting this going. I will update the thread tonight as to when I'll be there working on it over the weekend so everyone can make plans accordingly.

Thanks again!

Mine

Update on times....

Friday

Insurance has issued me the check and it is coming FedEx overnight tomorrow.

Unfortunately if no one is home they will not leave it and the wife works tomorrow.

I plan on hanging around the house till it is delivered and kids get home from school.

If the check is delivered early I will head over and start draining fluids and such and then back home for the kids.

So the plan for Friday is to head over to Kelly's around 4:00-5:00 and get started.

Saturday

I have a thing for Boy Scouts that gets over at 11:00.

I will be to Kelly's about noon and I plan on staying till he kicks me out.

Sunday

I have nothing going on Sunday and plan to be at Kelly's by 9:00 at the latest.

Plan to be over there most of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom