For Pete's sake, Lend a hand (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Annex is setup. Fridge space available for your beverage of choice and currently stocked with water and Gatorade
20170811_102216.jpg

The party has begun! Welcome Yoda
20170811_151510.jpg

FYI.

If anyone wants to come to Kelly's on Saturday before noon he will be there and knows the plan.

Made good progress today!
20170811_221806.jpg

I have a family engagement today that I was unaware of, but will be there tomorrow.

This party is rocking!
20170812_112023.jpg

Recent additions to shop make life easier!
20170812_102450.jpg

Got a lot done yesterday. Cladding all removed, motor tore down, front axle swapped out, lift installed, rust repairs started, and many other random little things.

Will be out there today here shortly.

Thanks to all that made it yesterday!

IMG_6674.JPG
IMG_6680.JPG
IMG_6681.JPG

Have fun sorry I'm missing it.

Looks like a very handy lift ya got there Kelly! Where's the thread on the Colorado Adventure?

Another successful day working on the LX450. Had several TAC members there and accomplished a lot!

Rust repair was started and good progress was made. Rear axle was stripped down for sandblast, paint, and rebuild. Sammy rocked the parts cleaner and cleaned all the parts from the motor. Some hoses were replaced and too many other things to list out.

Can't thank you guys enough for all the help this weekend and @2fpower for the use of his shop (loving the new lift).

Taking the block in tomorrow and should have a big box of parts coming from @beno this week. Hopefully start putting the motor back together soon.

Thanks again to everyone for all the help! I think we had 15 different TAC members there over the course of the weekend! What an awesome group of people!

Looking ahead I will be back out there Friday night and next Sunday (work Saturday).

Mike and "Pete"

I am humbled by the support of everyone that has come out to help Mike to work on Pete this weekend. From a simple request on Tuesday night to almost 20 different people here over the weekend working on the car. Pretty amazing.

I'm so glad the weather worked out well. I must say that watching the list of things to do keep getting crossed off was really amazing.

Over and over again, I realize that this is much more like a family than a club.

Mike - I am sorry to hear about your old truck. To Kelly and the rest of TAC - Amazing work!!!

Mike - I am sorry to hear about your old truck. To Kelly and the rest of TAC - Amazing work!!!

You are going to make the trek out for the Fall Crawl to see Pete in all his glory in Sept right?

You are going to make the trek out for the Fall Crawl to see Pete in all his glory in Sept right?

One of these days, for sure, Rob!!

Son just started at NC State a few days ago, so we are likely NOT going to make it this year. :( We will likely miss our Fall event here at ONSC, Logan's Run, too :(

I promise when we do come back we will bring some NC Beer for everyone and thoroughly enjoy catching up with everyone!!

Holy Cow!

I'm sorry we missed this! We would have been there to help! It sounds like there is still more to do? If so, we will schedule some time to stop by and help. Let me know what tools are needed and I also need the address.

School is just starting for us, so times may be restricted.

Sorry for your loss @StucknKS ! Glad you're OK!

Some updates.....

Block is done at the machine shop. Picking it up tomorrow. Motor had 250,000 miles. Machinist was amazed at the lack of wear on a block with that many miles.

Parts arrived from @beno today. Other parts keep arriving and should have most everything to put the motor back together by Saturday.

Going to the metal shop tomorrow to make the necessary pieces for filling the holes from removing the cladding. Once I have the pieces made need to test them out and see how well/easy it is going to work for filling all the holes.

Unfortunately time for me to work on it this weekend is chopped up. Wife is working Friday and Sunday, I work Saturday. I have things I have to do with the kids on Friday night and Sunday day but I am going to be working on the Lexus when I can squeeze it in.

I am hoping to get the motor moving forward this weekend but have a few things to do to the block before I can start reassembling.

I likely will be out in the shop working on the final two spots of rust on the rockers over the weekend and start welding some of the holes on the rockers.

If anyone want to come out, there are some jobs to do....

Clean up engine parts for reassembly.

Depending on what parts came in, we might be able to start putting the engine back together.

Also need to start gluing the metal pieces to cover all the holes of the cladding. Did the 3m product come in @StucknKS ?

Grind down welded repair sections

Not enough work for the army we had last weekend.

I should be out there most of Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom