For Pete's sake, Lend a hand (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I likely will be out in the shop working on the final two spots of rust on the rockers over the weekend and start welding some of the holes on the rockers.

If anyone want to come out, there are some jobs to do....

Clean up engine parts for reassembly.

Depending on what parts came in, we might be able to start putting the engine back together.

Also need to start gluing the metal pieces to cover all the holes of the cladding. Did the 3m product come in @StucknKS ?

Grind down welded repair sections

Not enough work for the army we had last weekend.

I should be out there most of Saturday.

If you need help Sunday let me know.

I likely will be out in the shop working on the final two spots of rust on the rockers over the weekend and start welding some of the holes on the rockers.

If anyone want to come out, there are some jobs to do....

Clean up engine parts for reassembly.

Depending on what parts came in, we might be able to start putting the engine back together.

Also need to start gluing the metal pieces to cover all the holes of the cladding. Did the 3m product come in @StucknKS ?

Grind down welded repair sections

Not enough work for the army we had last weekend.

I should be out there most of Saturday.

3M product arrives today.

All the metal for the holes is cut. Took 15 minutes at the metal shop. Would have taken hours with a grinder.

The rest of the engine parts (connecting rod and main bearings) will be here tomorrow.

Will be out there after 12:00 if anyone wants to lend a hand today.

15031899317601144090116.jpg
one side done

Nice work fellas!

Wish I was there instead of at work.

Can't thank you guys enough for working on it!

Awesome work!

I'll be there in the morning. Plan on starting on the engine. Few other things to do if anyone else wants to come by.

Spent a lot of the day wire brushing the block and than primed and painted it.

IMG_6724.JPG

IMG_6728.JPG

Going to a friends house tonight to media blast some engine parts and then start assembling the motor this week.

Got all the lower rockers welded up.
IMG_8546.JPG
IMG_8548.JPG

Starting to get the engine back together
IMG_8645.JPG

Sunday work day to start putting Pete back together. All welding should be done by then, so some grinding, priming, and lots of putting back together.

I think Mike is going to post up a list of stuff needed to get done. All engine parts should be in today I think, so hopefully engine can go back together and get slid into place.

Sunday work day to start putting Pete back together. All welding should be done by then, so some grinding, priming, and lots of putting back together.

I think Mike is going to post up a list of stuff needed to get done. All engine parts should be in today I think, so hopefully engine can go back together and get slid into place.
What time start on Sunday?

8am to late.

The rest of the parts for the motor will be in my possession tomorrow morning. I plan to spend the day tomorrow finishing up the motor. Wife is working tomorrow and I have a thing with the kids tomorrow night.

Here are some things that I plan to work on Sunday:

Glue in metal patches for cladding holes
Grind out welds
Bleed brakes
Redo rear heater bypass with U pipe
Replace transmission lines
Attach motor to transmission and install motor
Install front springs once motor is installed
And several other little things that I am forgetting at the moment...

If anyone wants to help out Sunday it would be greatly appreciated. There are several things to do that could be knocked out pretty quick with the right amount of help.

Thanks!

Mike

IMG_6744.JPG

Starting to look like an engine again.

Nice work. I'm trying to carve out some time Sunday afternoon. Hope to see you then.

Feeling really good about what was accomplished today.

Motor is ready to be bolted to the transmission and then installed (missing a tranny seal or it would have been done today).

Cladding holes are ready for bondo.

All rust (that we found) is officially removed.

Rear heater bypass cleaned up.

Tranny lines are all redone.

I would not be to this point without all the help from club members over the last few weeks!

Thanks to @OverlandDad, @cjmoon, and @2fpower for all the help today!

@2fpower Post a pic of the finished product where we (you) cut out the rust on the front wheel wells please.

IMG_6746.JPG

IMG_6747.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom